cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky and chatr offere unlimited data at reduced speed. How about PM?

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone know PM gona offer the same too in the short future?

30 REPLIES 30

@will13am lol

It's sooooo true

I think those gifts are response to everyone else moving to 'unlimited', if they offer those 2 it 3 times per year they will not prevent people with larger data apetite from upgrading, they will also ensure that most of those who can ration don't feel ripped off and migrate and they understand some will leave, but credits will definitely minimize that

@darlicious wrote:

@zmh1175 

No and I hope they don't because I don't want to subsidize reduced speed data for someone else. I agree with @will13am  but if public mobile would offer 2gb and 3gb plans then customers could choose a data plan that suits their needs rather than the feast or famine choice of data plans.

Groveling for 2 and 3 GB plans is pretty much like banging your head against a wall.  

giphy

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I suppose they could have it as one of the options on a plan, just increase the price for having "unlimited" data and let the market decide. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

This unlimited data thing is a marketing gimmick more than it is useful.  Most people would buy data based on need and not hope that every month, they would run out and then have to rely on throttled data that is unusably slow.  

download_20140314_093700.jpg

To each their own - honestly, I would take a bit of additional limited connectivity as a backup not to have to worry about going over by the end of the month and having it cut off altogether.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The $35 plan would make better sense if it was 2 gigabytes with a 500 megabyte add on, instead of the current 1 gigabyte with a 500 megabyte add on. 

@zmh1175 

No and I hope they don't because I don't want to subsidize reduced speed data for someone else. I agree with @will13am  but if public mobile would offer 2gb and 3gb plans then customers could choose a data plan that suits their needs rather than the feast or famine choice of data plans.

With Lucky:

• No call forwarding (vs PM fully customizable unconditional+conditional
  • data add-on's expire after 30 days (vs PM until fully used)
  • $15 Plan incoming minutes use minutes

Admittedly, they do have more international roaming options, vs only USA for PM...

fdrcamb519

If you read reviews, On PM you will read its the best plans for the price, when it comes to coverage on the Telus network. stats are:

• #1: Telus: 28.8% 4G coverage
  • #2: Bell: 28.8% 4G coverage
  • #3: Rogers: 19.9% 4G coverage
  • #4: Freedom: 0.46% 4G coverage

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Suggestion:  throttled data as an add-on?

I read the thoughts about the differentp companies, plans & options.

Have to admit that I am here because of the Telus infrastructure, REWARDS (save about $5-7/mo so far), and on-line solution based community. 

I didn't find & realize this thread was going on & created another with similar idea - offer throttled data similar to Chatr/ Lucky/ Freedom - but read some posts that indicate that this starts on slightly more expensive plans & they don't have rewards (other than auto pay). 

Maybe offer as an add-on.  I pre-date internet & remember dial up - not sure my daughter would be so patient 🙂 but nice to give it a try. 

PS: I did add the data-add-on for $15 & it has lasted longer than i expected (about week & half).

@Camera4617 wrote:

I also think that they could offer 'unlimited data' with that reduced speed and it wouldn't cost them too much. It's not point of 'changing providers' but listening your customers and trying to keep them. But that could be just a choice PM made. Giving some rewards and not giving that unlimited data. I'm new at PM (just couple weeks) and was looking for plan that will match my needs. One thing that is bothering me a lot (I know it's off OP), is that there is no app for iPhone/Android that users could use to check their usage and manage their accounts. I can't believe in 21st century, you have to use computer to check basic info (and no comment on site loading really slow). These are small things that do make users irritated and force to change provider. 

These are the tradeoffs involved in every decision made.  There is always the opportunity costs of the next best alternative(s).  When Lucky added unlimited data, this item was brought up with Public Mobile (look back at all the historical posts here) as if they didn't know what the competition is up to.  In the end, they chose to compete with a different product.  The best proxy for who is the winner is who you decide to give your money to.  We are all here on our own accord.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Camera4617 Koodo had an app and got rid of it last year becasue the value of the app was not seen as they have a decent moble friendly selfserve. 

for PM,  I have datawitness  pm which tracks my data.  I hardly loginto selfserve so do I really need an extra app on my phone.    PM is working in on improving selfserve not sure when that will be coming,  and they have toyed with the app idea recently (was in one of their surveys iirc)  so who knows what the future will hold.    I would love a mobile friendly selfserve  and forego the app,

@Camera4617 wrote:

I also think that they could offer 'unlimited data' with that reduced speed and it wouldn't cost them too much. It's not point of 'changing providers' but listening your customers and trying to keep them. But that could be just a choice PM made. Giving some rewards and not giving that unlimited data. I'm new at PM (just couple weeks) and was looking for plan that will match my needs. One thing that is bothering me a lot (I know it's off OP), is that there is no app for iPhone/Android that users could use to check their usage and manage their accounts. I can't believe in 21st century, you have to use computer to check basic info (and no comment on site loading really slow). These are small things that do make users irritated and force to change provider. 

@Camera4617 , Koodo also owned by Telus dropped their app last year or the year before.  Just doesn't seem like something Telus was interested in doing

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This unlimited data thing is a marketing gimmick more than it is useful.  Most people would buy data based on need and not hope that every month, they would run out and then have to rely on throttled data that is unusably slow.  

I have to agree with this.  I have always said it is a gimmick to get consumers used to using more data even if it is throttled than they get frustrated and now need a bigger data plan before they get to that throttled amount

I agree that the "unlimited" part is slow, but I will say that if you've run out fo the regular speed data, customers would probably be happy that the Facebook message or Hangouts call was still received.

@will13am wrote:

I have to agree with this.  I have always said it is a gimmick to get consumers used to using more data even if it is throttled than they get frustrated and now need a bigger data plan before they get to that throttled amount

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sunflowershine

@zmh1175 If you find the other carrier can provide the same service with lower price, you should move.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kselmak . Max loyalty is $5. Not $7. But I get how you worded it. $5 loyalty. $2 auto pay👍

Screenshot_20200420_205510.jpg

@zmh1175 the longer you stay the more you save.

Screenshot_20200420_210042.jpg

And as others mentioned add autopay and referrals to that. Along with the promos PM offer from time to time. Like last xmas they gave everyone 1 gig free and 400 international minutes . There are also community rewards if you post and help people you can earn a discount from your bill. Many pay much lower then their bill thanks to all the incentives. 

So for some those incentives out way unlimited reduced data speeds. 

@zmh1175 with loyalty $7 less, and of you have referrals even less

Many feel at those speeds it's not worth it. I personally somehow lived with dialup, yup took hours to download MP3 file (If your mom doesn't pickup the phone that is) but I can also leave with rationing data, sooooo

popping

@Staliger wrote:

@zmh1175 I guess, not in the closest future unfortunately, but who knows. Maybe one day... Would be great though.

This is called under promised and over delivered.

For an example, last year 2 times free 1GB data and 1 time free 400 international minutes

brettster99

Honestly no. It would impact Telus revenue too much (even if it is the slowest internet ever but free) they would rather you pay for extra data and faster speed to keep up there revenue.

But as public mobile also has some of the cheapest plans as well I think it’s worth it 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@zmh1175 I guess, not in the closest future unfortunately, but who knows. Maybe one day... Would be great though.

popping

Subscribers, who have been with PM for a while, know the power of PM rewards. 

I am looking forward to getting extra $1/m loyalty reward after staying with PM for 2 years.  It is a 10% off per year for my $10 plan for doing nothing.  The longer I stay with PM, I will no longer consider other 3rd tier providers offers any more.

Have a better and better day!

@zmh1175 

Many of us consistently save much more than $2, lol. And we stay with PM because we do think it's worth it.

You always have the option of leaving PM, and no need to stay if you can find a better deal for your wants/needs with a different carrier. Maybe 128kbps "unlimited" data would be better value for what you do (or intend to do) with your data, maybe not. Either way, PM doesn't offer it and seems unlikely to start offering it anytime soon.

mimmo

@zmh1175  if unlimited data is what you require then I would be looking to switch to lucky or chatr. 

I personally have only once gone over my data limit and had mods renew my plan early. I would rather have that option for $2 less + rewards which can add up, than, unlimited data at a snails pace.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is same price. Oh yea 2 dollars cheaper with auto pay.  So 2 dollars worth unlimited reduced speed?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

There's already several other threads discussing this topic in detail. Some of them fairly old and stale, things have been as they as for some time, haven't changed, don't seem likely to change.

Unlikely. Those other providers you mentioned have offered it for quite sometime so it's likely PM is aware.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@zmh1175 No not in the near future it would be nice though, you get what you pay for I guess and we do get a good bang for the buck

Need Help? Let's chat.