cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower price for a 3 months' plan?

BAL
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have noticed that if I take a 3 months' plan, it is cheaper than a 1 month's plan. Do you know if I choose an automatic renewal, would it be only for a month to month's plan? Is it possible to renew automatically every 3 months to take advantage of the lower price? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Judith22,

Yes, Public Mobile provides service to 97% of Canadians, including those in Stratford, ON.

Cheers.

Judith22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Do you have your services in Stratforf on

Judith22
Hey, do you cover Stratford ON as well?

@BAL You can see my analysis of the savings here: 90 Day Plan Savings

@7789849803 is correct about heavy data use being less expensive elsewhere. My research indicates PM has best pricing for low/med users, up to about 2 GB/mo. PM's best offer is calling/text/data because you get $45 discount over 90 days by choosing 3 items.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yep - I use VoIP all the time on my data-only plan with PM (both using Fongo as well as Hangouts). Runs smooth as silk.

@BAL As much as I hate to say it, there's better deals for data-only service out there. Fido's running a promotion until the end of the month that may interest you, for instance. That said, PM still offers great value for money, even if they're not the cheapest when it comes to data-only usage.

@BAL Yes, VOIP will operate on a data only plan. I think @7789849803 does this and he may comment.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BAL I don't know whether that will work, but assuming it does, then you are correct. Choosing a longer duration nets bigger savings.

Somebody else can confirm whether that setup will work. I think there was a thread about this sometime ago. I'll have to go check.

EDIT> This may answer the question: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/if-you-get-a-plan-with-no-talk-can-you-s...

BAL

Okay, in my case, I want to use an application like Fongo, which is VoIP. So I need to buy only data, no voice and no text. My calculation is, if I buy on a monthly plan of 1 GB of data, it costs me $30. But, if I buy 4 GB of data on a 90 days' plan, it costs me $25 per month and I have 1 GB more.

I realize that it is my case only and it is not everybody that want to go VoIP but personnaly, it is a deal.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alambert It's cheaper because the 4GB is for the duration of 90 days whereas the 30 days for $75 is 4GB for 30 days.

Don't think of the plans as month-to-month like the other carriers. Think of it as you get what you pick for the duration you choose. So if you choose a 90 day plan, your features and data allotment are for 90 days. For example, if you choose 1GB data on a 90 day duration, you are not allowed to use more than 1GB within that 90 days. If you exceed 1GB before the 90 days is up, your data will not work anymore - unless you buy a data pack which has no expiry date. After the 90 days, your features and data will renew so you will get another 1GB for the next 90 day cycle.

saukalra

Yes that is correct. 90 days + Province wide Calling + Canada wide text + 4gb will be $120 ($40 a month). This is the incentive to get a 90 day plan since like you correctly pointed out, its price per month is cheaper than a 30 day plan.

Also note that the 4 GB data is for the entire 90 day period (or about 1.33 GB per month)

Alambert

Can you explain this a little more? So far on the website if I chose 90 days + Province wide Calling + Canada wide text + 4gb its $120 which is about $40 a month. Is this correct? Why is it so much cheaper than the 30 days which comes to $75 a month?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, if you have automatic payment on 90 day plan you will be charged the plan amount less $6 Reward every 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.