cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Bars?

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone experience low bars on the Public Mobile Network?

I’ve experienced this both on 3G & LTE. Any suggestion?

10 REPLIES 10

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@computergeek541 

Ive also experienced signal loss when making outgoing calls to 1-800 #’s. After doing a lot of research it could be the phone possibly I won’t rule that out.

thank you!

Signal loss wouldn't have anything to do with the specific numbers that you're dialing. I do realize that you're probably just saying that's when it happened to last occur. Some phones do have slightly better signal properties than others. Some of the time, it only has to be a little better for it to continue working at that location. 

trgtrg2020

@computergeek541 

Ive also experienced signal loss when making outgoing calls to 1-800 #’s. After doing a lot of research it could be the phone possibly I won’t rule that out.

thank you!

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

While it is true that stronger signal is better than weaker signal, have a weaker signal at that moment or the phone showing less bars does not necessarily mean that service is poor in that area/at that location. The phone might have decided to stick to a higher frequency range, which could happen for any number of reasons. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be a lower frequency range avaailable.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

trgtrg2020

There are only Bell towers in my area. The Bell tower is actually further away from my house then Rogers and Freedom towers so that’s a bummer.

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

I actually get the low bars even when I’m outside. Low I mean 1-2 bars. 

it could be that you're in an area with less than great cell coverage. Use gogle to see where your nearest Telus cell towers are.

@trgtrg2020  try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  And contactt he moderstors and ask them to reset your service for you. If this fails to help consider replacing your phone if it happens everywhere. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

trgtrg2020

I actually get the low bars even when I’m outside. Low I mean 1-2 bars. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020  is it everywhere or just some places. Try switching your sim I to another phone. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

If you're in an apartment or other building...try using a strength booster. Antenna boosters are available on Amazon.

Need Help? Let's chat.