cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loving Public Mobile so far!!!

kevindo27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, my name's Kevin, and I recently joined public mobile, and this is my experience in the first week:

First, transitioning to Public Mobile from Wind, I was surprised about the texting speed. Super fast compared to wind... I don't know why I didn't join earlier lol.

Second, the internet is LTE! Sometimes even works faster than my friend who has Rogers LTE, can't believe no one else is joining here.

I will definitely stay with Public Mobile, and invite my friends and family over to try this out. Finally, no more frustrating of not having signal lol

21 REPLIES 21

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the PM family everybody, I promise you'll all love it.

majsiddiqui
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Thanks @kevindo27 for sharing your feedback. Your feedback puts my mind to ease that I made a good decision moving to PM.

I activated my line last night and ported my number from WIND (process took less than 15 minutes with the assistance from PM rep @Shazia_K). So far doing great. Love the LTE network experience 🙂

kevindo27

Hey @majsiddiqui, I've went to many places including some remote places in quebec (somehow I'm able to call for free out of province). Toronto is even better, i've never had my reception lower than three bars LTE, and at square one it's the same expereince. MUCH better than Wind, especially when comapring to its underground recepetion and internet speed. 

Hope this helps with your choice 🙂

zmh1175
pm is best value plan in the market.

maaji

@majsiddiqui I'm using the 6 currently with PM. I just sold my OnePlus Two but I agree that it work better in the basement if your with WIND.

As for PM, I don't see an issue with any phone that you use and I tried a few phones (iphone 6, One Plus 2,  a Blu phone, Lumia 650, Note 5) to test it out.

majsiddiqui
@maaji, Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated. I agree about the reception in elevators, not that I'm ever talking on the phone in the elevator but loosing data connection is annoying. Especially if you are in an elevator going from 50th floor to ground level and the elevator stops on every other floor - ugh! You need your data!

Do you anyone who is using PM with the iPhone 6S?

With WIND, I had used the OnePlus Two and the iPhone 6S, and noticed WIND service worked better in the basement with the OnePlus Two.

maaji
@majsiddiqui, in my opinion PM is far much better then Wind. I've had great reception in basement and in the Elevator. I just had a call before I got in the elevator and went up 14 floors and the call didn't drop where as Wind it would've dropped the call as soon as I got in the elevator.

majsiddiqui

Hi @kevindo27

I'm currently with WIND and just ordered my SIM from PM.  I'll be testing the PM service before I decide to make the switch.  I think I'll use the 10-days plan to test talk/text/data.

Can you provide an update how your experience has been thus far with PM (in comparison to WIND)?

Also, have you used PM service in basements, elevator, Union Station, GO Trains, inside Square One mall, etc.?

Thanks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@johnb56789

Glad to hear about your experience 🙂

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johnb56789 That's great to hear. Don't forget the autopay so that you can get another $2 off a month

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to both of you!  Coming from Mobilicity I remember how horrible the reception was.  Enjoy your stay public Mobile! 

johnb56789

A jumper here from Virgin, 

Was with PM in the EARLY days way back w/ Unlimited Everything (Think I had the $25 Unlimited Talk and Text Plan), but I am happy now that I jumped from Virgin, for $39/month with them, I got a mere 300mins, 300MB and texting.

Now I'm on the new $120/90 day (6GB) plan after converting from the $90/90day (1GB) plan, didn't have to pay the upcharge to change plans which was great and am extremely happy with the service (SEEMS A LOT FASTER AND RELIABLE COMPARED TO VIRGIN)

PBForMe

Welcome @kevindo27

Another Wind convert here and the difference is indeed night and day. On Wind I could count the number if missed calls and no data occurrences daily, with Public Mobile 2 months in and it has been literally perfect everywhere I've been.

The community is also great, it's just icing on the cake. 

kevindo27

Lol, yup, I've been spending my spare time around the community so hopefully I'll get some discounts for that 🙂

spoolinx86

Welcome Kevin! 

I also was a user of Wind and will never look back. Public Mobile is reliable and the best rates around for the quality of service. 

pmobile

Welcome to Public Mobile!

I've been with Public Mobile for almost two months and am loving it more and more 🙂

In case you didn't already know there are pretty substantial rewards for contributing to the community so get posting 😛

Have a good one!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @kevindo27!

Welcome to PM!  Thanks for sharing your positive experience. 

Feel free to join the discussions as you like on these Community pages.  

TroyDaBes

Welcome to the PM. I'm glad you are enjoying your stay. 

nhanken
Welcome to Public Mobile!

The longer you'll stay, the more savings you get 😉

saukalra

Thanks Kevin for sharing your positive experience.

I have also been with Public Mobile (when I switched from Wind) for about 2 years now and have been very satisfied with their service.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kevindo27

I hope you're having a great day so far !

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us, we're glad to have you on board.

If you have any questions, the community is a great place to get answers.

Welcome to Public Mobile and I hope you enjoy the rest of your journey 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.