cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my dad's phone

mtdspeedy98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My dad lost his phone just today. He's with public mobile, is there any way to track his phone and if it's not possible, get the same number? Please let me know. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@mtdspeedy98  Hve you tried calling the phone to see if someone answers? You can periodically  go back into the account (before you replace the sim) report it found and call it. Then report lost again.

With a little sleuthing you might track it down. Check the usage. You can see if there's been any activity on the account. Calling, texting....unanswered calls will go to voicemail and be recorded under that number. If it goes straight to message you know either the battery is dead or it's been powered off. You could text it offering your phone number and a reward.

Best of luck.....

@mtdspeedy98 wrote:

Do you know where I can declare it? I logged into his account, but I'm having trouble finding how to locate declaring it lost.

@mtdspeedy98 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. The choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. 

@mtdspeedy98 wrote:

Do you know where I can declare it? I logged into his account, but I'm having trouble finding how to locate declaring it lost.

Log into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and click Plans and Addons then lost/stolen phone as below:plansandaddons.png

This does not blacklist your phone or stop someone from using it with another sim. It does however stop the finder from utilizing your phone minutes/data until you find it. If you don't find it, and you give up looking, you can blacklist the phone and basically it can NEVER be used again by ANYONE, including you, your dad.

@mtdspeedy98 wrote:

What do you mean declare it?  If you report it lost, it disables the sim. To blacklist the device, you need to ask moderators.

mtdspeedy98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mtdspeedy98 wrote:

Hello,

My dad lost his phone just today. He's with public mobile, is there any way to track his phone and if it's not possible, get the same number? Please let me know. Thank you.

Number can be kept. Just need a new sim and a new phone. Public won't help find the phone but they can blacklist so no on else can use it.

Apple has a similar app connected to icloud.com. Either way I believe you had to "sign up" before hand. Try it anyway.

https://www.icloud.com/find

Phone has to be powered on and find my phone selected, I believe.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mtdspeedy98  

If your phone was an Android device you might be able to find, lock, or erase a lost Android device. Click here for more info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtdspeedy98 wrote:

Hello,

Log in to the account and declare it lost (suspend)...now. Buy another SIM and another unlocked compatible phone and log back in and Change SIM and then declare found (resume) and you'll be back in business.

Someone else can likely offer ideas on tracking.

Need Help? Let's chat.