cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Service

amyzhao26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in the middle of a call this afternoon when I lost service. Haven't been able to fix the problem (restarted my phone, reset my network, turned airplane mode on and off, tested my SIM card on another phone and still had no service). My plan was renewed yesterday so I'm not sure what the problem here is. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@amyzhao26  It seems like @CannonFodder and @popping are correct. Add $5 to your balance and purchase the $5/500 min add on. This will prevent this from happening in the future and will remain on your account til you use all 500 minutes up.

Yeah, it could be either of the two suggestions so far - on one hand, supposedly the plan was renewed yesterday, so I'd think it was probably an autopay failure, BUT OTOH, given that the OP was "in the middle of a call" TODAY, it would seem more likely to be a case of running out of minutes.

@amyzhao26  You also didn't say anything about the rest of your service, i.e. can you still send & receive texts, and can you access data? If those are fine, and you can still receive calls, but not call out, it's most likely that you ran out of minutes, as @popping  suggested.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amyzhao26 wrote:

I was in the middle of a call this afternoon when I lost service. Haven't been able to fix the problem (restarted my phone, reset my network, turned airplane mode on and off, tested my SIM card on another phone and still had no service). My plan was renewed yesterday so I'm not sure what the problem here is. 

Thanks

Is you account status still active?

If you have the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes, login to account to check on the usage line.  If you don't see the usage line, you had used all your minutes for the current cycle even you renewed yesterday.

The following is from my $15 paln.  I used 47 minutes out of my 100 minutes.

If you don't see this usage line, you used all your outgoing minutes.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    140.206  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    1  /  400 MIN
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    47  /  100 MIN

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@amyzhao26 log into your self service /my account and see If your autopay failed. If it did, manually add the cost of your plan + $1to it. And use the reactivate account option.

If this doesn't work. Then contact a moderator and ask them to apply payment . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.