cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

sarahgilesss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone so im looking to get a new SIM card, how do I go about that?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Login to self-serve account and report the phone as Stolen/Lost to suspend your services. Go to Plan & Add-ons >  Lost/Stolen phone tab. Note that days remaining on the service will continue to run so don't expect any credits for unused service. 

Once you get a new phone, you will need to buy new PM sim card and you will need to update the new sim card number from self-serve account. 

@slash407 wrote:

if i lost my phone i wouldn't want it back. Don't u guys find it disgusting? like if u look at a phone after someone used it, the phone is smeared with oil from the persons skin, especially with the smartphones u really see it, it wasn't so noticable back in the day with the flip phones though. yuck regardless lol

@slash407I find so many things disgusting that most don't so I can understand this, however- Microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol / sanatizer.

Do you wear gloves at the gas pump? How do you open doors? Do you flush urinals? Do you push the thing on the paper towel dispensers in the bathroom to get paper towels? Do you wash the outside of your milk carton before putting it in the fridge? Do you leave all the articles in your fridge still in bags, then remove the cap with latex gloves so you don't have to touch them?

Have you ever touched money before? Got on the bus? Do you breath the same air as people in an elevator or do you hold your breath?

While a lot of people call me germ-a-phobe, there are easy solutions to all of the problems, abandoning a smart phone due to someone touching it .... doesn't make sense to me, if you're that ocd you shouldn't have lost it in the first place and you got bigger problems either way.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@sarahgilesss wrote:

Thanks

@sarahgilesssOne thing to note- You can often find your phone / get it returned or sending a message "hey I lost my phone will give you reward" or call it before you mark the phone as lost or stolen, or use google / samsung account services "phone locator" most phones have a phone tracker that could at least show you where the phone is, or take a picture with the camera or play audio / sound alert sound if its lost behind the couch etc. The person may have the phone in their hand which is locked but they wish they could access the contact list to call "mom" to tell her they found your phone. If you call them they may answer and say I found this phone.

If after that you don't get it / find / get response, mark it as lost / stolen in your profile but for all purposes the phone is a brick for service / network / location and no longer connected so after that call your local police station and ask if someone has turned in your phone and if not leave a description with your information. I actually found a phone the other day and brought it to the local police station because of karma. Good chance a nice person would have found it for you, not everyone is evil.

Would be funny if the phone I found was yours 😉 I had never seen the phone brand before and on each one of the number pad buttons had what looked arabic letters

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarahgilesss wrote:

Thanks

Go into your self-serve and turn on the lost/stolen feature.

Buy a new SIM.

Go back into your self-serve and turn off lost/stolen.

Stay in there and do a Change SIM to the new SIM card.

Insert SIM and restart phone.

Don't let 90 days pass after you turn on lost/stolen.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@sarahgilesss wrote:

Thanks

@sarahgilesssOrder one online.

Or as @Carld123 says buy one at a retailer, these are some, but some stores may refuse to sell you a Sim card.

WalMart There are over 400 WalMart locations across Canada. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

The Mobile Shop. There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

Wow! Mobile boutique. Not very many but in a lot of major cities. Find the closest to you by clicking here.

London Drugs operates 80 locations across 35 major markets. Check here to see if there is a location close to you Click here

K Mobile has 21 stores, see if one is close to you Click Here!

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Visit a retailer..and purchase one...change to the new sim in your account..

Need Help? Let's chat.