cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing my number soon

Jaymieklaassen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

My bf and I are struggling and asclose to losing our number,. Is there anyway i can contact someone to extend it until apr 1? When we get paid and putting minutes on it. Really cant lose this number and need to keep it!

Any information would be great! 

8 REPLIES 8

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jaymieklaassen 

Check your private messages please

Thanks

@Jaymieklaassen wrote:

Hello, 

My bf and I are struggling and asclose to losing our number,. Is there anyway i can contact someone to extend it until apr 1? When we get paid and putting minutes on it. Really cant lose this number and need to keep it!

Any information would be great! 

Especially since this is a prepaid carrier, an extension of roughly half a month is extremely unlikely. It would be more likely on a postpaid account because the carrier would have already done a credit check and they would just make it so that your service doesn't get cut off for non-payment for a longer period of time.

In the past, I do know for sure that Telus Mobility did at one time empower customer service to extend prepaid expiry dates/plans, but we're talking a matter of a few days. I do not believe that Public Mobile has any way to adjust the expiry date of a plan (if your plan is still active).  If your plan/account is already in suspension, the closing of the account is automatic after 90 days.

I would suggest considering a change to the least expensive price plan so that the plan can be renewed and the phone number kept.

Mark_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't heard of PM having an assistance program to help keep accounts active, so users don't lose their number. To request this type of help, this issue would need to be raised with the directors of the company. However, the amount of work to implement such a program wouldn't seem to solve a big issue.

Other options would be to to speak to your bank, and ask them if they can provide you with either: overdraft protection, a small loan, or line of credit. You could also sell used items on an online marketplace to make some cash, or borrow money off your friends or family. 

@Jaymieklaassen you can also add a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send  calls and texts for free. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Jaymieklaassen  Yes, there are options, as @darlicious  mentioned, ESPECIALLY dropping down to the $15/month(30 days) plan, if you're currently on a higher plan..... and if the 100 outgoing minutes don't cut it, the 500 mins./$5.00 add-on will bump that up significantly, so for only $20 you have a fairly effective phone plan, plus any unused minutes from that add-on rollover to the next month, 'til used.

@Jaymieklaassen 

When is your renewal date? Are you currently suspended or just don't have the money to cover your renewal? What plan are you on?

You can change on next renewal to the cheapest plan $15. Sign up for autopay to save $2. Don't have a credit card? Sign up for a koho card you can get it as fast as 5 business days.

Check out the gigs section on Craigslist. There's lots of small jobs available that pay cash to move a couch, complete a survey or focus group, babysitting, cleaning job or shovel dirt. You basically need one hour of minimum wage to cover your plan. Maybe one of your neighbours needs shopping done or errands run because theyre elderly or self isolating. See if you can work out a trade.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jaymieklaassen 

If you miss a payment, your account will be suspended.

90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled and your phone will be gone back to the provider who gave your your number.

Are your account still active?

If your account is active, you have at least 90 days to reactivate your account.

If you account is suspended, what is the due date shown on the of your overview page?  The due date is the last day you need to activate your account to keep your phone number.  But don't wait until the last date.  Always reactivate you account 5 days before your due date.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

When's the last time you paid for a 30 day plan?

Your account can be suspended and inactive for max 90 days before you loose your number and your account is deleted..

So if it has not been that many days Remember to make a payment around 85 day mark from your last due date

Need Help? Let's chat.