cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for history of data usage

ljessup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I currently have the $40/month plan and am considering going down to the $35/month plan as I'm not sure the extra ~2GB for $5 more is worth it to me at this time. I was wondering if it's possible to get a summary for my account to know what my monthly total for data usage has been (over the last 6 months, year, last few years, etc.) so that I can make an informed decision.

I did first look at the "Usage History" section (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/), but it's not the most user friendly for getting an idea of how much data I actually use each month.

Thanks,

Lindsay

12 REPLIES 12

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

I lost the list... it grew too long, gave an Buffer Overrun error and crashed.  😂

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the list!  I noticed things like AutoPay aren't listed there.  My favourite solution: "Ignore these [account suspended] messages."  BUG?  OH YAH, JUST IGNORE IT. 🤔

@BlueB   how long is your list?  maybe you should post it here for everyone .. and we will add extra on top (likely add then cross anything out.. LoL)

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

I just chalk this up to yet another item on the Glitches list!  It's too bad so many things are glitchy, but as a low-budget provider, things seem to run decently well.  We get what we pay for!  lol  Hopefully some of these things will improve, but sometimes these initiatives have surprise effects on other things that make things worse.  Hmm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ljessup 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541   does PM aware that the sorting on Usage History does not really work?  Honestly if it is not working as intended, they should take it away first and fix it later.  Better have no hope than false hope  🙂

I did mention to MODs incorrect (or lack of correct) sorting in usage history way back when I joined but got no reply. I guess this is not worth their time to investigate and adjust.

Sad.. but as it said,  if they don't want to fix it, at least take it away.

I remember seeing members thought they sorted the list and complain they only get couple lines of Web traffic there so why they have used most the data?  Of course, what they didn't know was that there are more pages of Web traffic after Page 1.. 

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541   does PM aware that the sorting on Usage History does not really work?  Honestly if it is not working as intended, they should take it away first and fix it later.  Better have no hope than false hope  🙂

I did mention to MODs incorrect (or lack of correct) sorting in usage history way back when I joined but got no reply. I guess this is not worth their time to investigate and adjust.

If somebody wants to track their data/call usage I would suggest to track it manually on a weekly basis. Yes, it takes time, you have to log in weekly to your account, copy numbers into spreadsheet, etc. but if that is important to somebody, they should make an effort.

I would not exactly rely on somebody else to have and keep history of my service usage.

@softech wrote:

The pace of change at Public Mobile is extremely slow. I'm uncertain if Public Mobile already know,s but even if they do, this type of thing would certainly be at a lower priority to fix than other issues as it has no effect on the cell phone service.

@ljessup 

Your phone should give you at least 4 months of data usage history if not more....Go to settings >>network and internet>>mobile network>>mobile data usage>>click on the settings icon next to your data usage cycle dates for your previous months of usage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ljessup  You really cannot go further back than 3 months with Usage History on My Account.

Also, although you can click on Call Type and try to sort and it does look like it was sorted but it wasn't.  For example, after I click sorted , the web entries still everywhere on different pages.  So, if you really want to get your entries and sum them up, copy to Excel, sort and sum up the way you want.

Also, you might want to try installing some apps to track your history.  Try Data Counter Widget or My Data Manager, they can give you monthly stat for the past months as well  (except I am not 100% sure if you install it now can they still get the previous months stat from your phone history, but if can for sure able to track for you going forward) 

@ljessup wrote:

I currently have the $40/month plan and am considering going down to the $35/month plan as I'm not sure the extra ~2GB for $5 more is worth it to me at this time. I was wondering if it's possible to get a summary for my account to know what my monthly total for data usage has been (over the last 6 months, year, last few years, etc.) so that I can make an informed decision.

I did first look at the "Usage History" section (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/), but it's not the most user friendly for getting an idea of how much data I actually use each month.

The usage history only goes back about 90 days.  There can be sporadic entries if you manually enter older dates, but I've  fouund the history to be open incomplete/missing entries when going back farther than that amount of time.  You'lll have to manually add up the data usage entries for each day.  An alternative might be to use look at the usage history from within your device. That won't be 100% accurate because of 30 days vs. 1 month and because the phone's numbers will never exactly match Public Mobile's.

Need Help? Let's chat.