cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time PM CUSTOMER..

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not sure why.. worst text/ data service in 3 years.. in the Belleville/ Kingston corridor.. everything is lagging.. text isn’t working.. maybe it’s too hot outside.. lol.. just a shared observation....not looking for restart your phone/ check this and that answers.. just stating a fact....

8 REPLIES 8

@Metal1967 wrote:

@ Soft tech.. Really??? Lmao......

@Metal1967   what are you laughing at? 

When we are testing, we test all the possible solutions.  Also some tests are for confirmation rather than a long term fix.

PM is running on LTE throttled at 3Mbps while 3G is unthrottled.  In some case, the unthrottled 3G could be faster than throttled LTE.  Of course LTE still has lower latency.  But, your were saying your current LTE connect is slow,  it could be you don't have good LTE signal there or LTE was having issue in your area.  3G could be a life safer for until LTE issue is resolved

Here is another discussion about 3G data speed:  Solved: 3G data speeds - Community (publicmobile.ca)

BTW, if you want to Bravo, I appreciate you click on the Bravo link of my posts.  Thanks very much

(My screen name is @softech.  please type properly)

@Metal1967 

Lol....maybe everybody is inside with their air conditioners on high surfing the interwebs for ways to cool off texting their friends about how hot it is thus increasing network traffic  causing 4G LTE to slow to a crawl. 

@softech's idea has merit since everyone laughs at 3G network service there is no one using it!

Metal1967

CD48F61D-F4F8-40C8-AE48-F380B0E7B2D0.jpeg

 updated bravo.. lol

Metal1967

Here’s your bravo..👍

Metal1967

@ Soft tech.. Really??? Lmao......

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Metal1967 wrote:

maybe it’s too hot outside.. lol.. just a shared observation....not looking for restart your phone/ check this and that answers.. just stating a fact....

Hot only crazy hot but humid too!

Did you start experiencing this issues just recently or it is on and off?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Metal1967  Bell, which Telus relies on,  has good coverage with both 3G and LTE in the area.   I check around and don't see much complains about the area today.  Maybe try rebooting your phone, or put the phone to 3G only and see if there is any improvoment

BlueB

@Metal1967 

Have you tried restarting your phone?  haha.... sorry, I couldn't resist.  On a serious note, any outages in the area?  If you think it's something worth reporting, you can always put a comment out to staff (or Telus) and see what they tell you.  It may be worth it if you're in that area a lot!  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.