cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance international calls problem

Sohail1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I activated 300 minutes long distance international calls for 15$ but it doesn’t work, by pressing call to every number outside of Canada it says wrong number, although the number is correct with country code.

please advice,

thank you,

9 REPLIES 9

@tanyankd wrote:

I'm having the exact same experience!

Where are you trying to call?

@tanyankd wrote:

Have you got an active long distance add-on for the country you wish to call ? What country are you trying to call ?

tanyankd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the country code,

This is an edited copy/paste of one of my posts from quite some time ago. @Sohail1 : +1 or 1 alone won't help you dial internationally. It's 011 or + in front of the country code.

As z10user4 is discussing, 1 is a country code. Dialing 1 or +1 before an area code will only reach phone numbers from Canada, the U.S. (and territories), or  some countries in the Caribbean region.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the country code,

This is an edited copy/paste of one of my posts from quite some time ago. @Sohail1 : +1 or 1 alone won't help you dial internationally. It's 011 or + in front of the country code.

@Sohail1 

If you bought the international calling add on and it turns out you can't use it contact the moderators and ask them if they would please credit it back to your account. If pm doesn't have an add on for your calls consider a voip app or a calling card from the local corner shop. They generally sell for $5. Find one that calls a toll free number first rather than a local number if you are on the $15 limited outgoing minute plan so you won't use plan minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes.

Maybe try not using leading zeros.

Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

do one thing rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sohail1 wrote:

Hi, I activated 300 minutes long distance international calls for 15$ but it doesn’t work, by pressing call to every number outside of Canada it says wrong number, although the number is correct with country code.

please advice,

thank you,

What country are you wanting to call ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sohail1 : Did you read the fine print of what all countries are included?

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Then of course you need to dial 011 or optionally + in front of the country code.

Need Help? Let's chat.