cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance?

canavs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to make a call to a 647 area code. Why is it telling me it is long distance when they are only just down the road ?

9 REPLIES 9

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mh1983 wrote:

@mm80 wrote:

@zenerator if you're out of minutes, the message would say talk isn't incuded.  Since dialing 1-416 or 1-647 doesn't work, you need to open a ticket if your plan includes call to Toronto.http://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

@mh1983 There aren't any local calling plans at Public.

I know @mm80, but if you read zenerator's post, it says:

I'm on a prior unlimited calls (voice only) plans

Key word being "prior". 🙂 There was a $20 local only plan, so he/she could be referring to that.

The $20 plan had province-wide calling.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mm80 wrote:

@zenerator if you're out of minutes, the message would say talk isn't incuded.  Since dialing 1-416 or 1-647 doesn't work, you need to open a ticket if your plan includes call to Toronto.http://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

I know @mm80, but if you read zenerator's post, it says:

I'm on a prior unlimited calls (voice only) plans

Key word being "prior". 🙂 There was a $20 local only plan, so he/she could be referring to that.

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zenerator wrote:

I have the same problem. In fact I'm unable to call any number whether its 416 or 647 including when + or 1 is in front of the number. The message suggests that I should have a long distance add on. I'm on a prior unlimited calls (voice only) plans. Any ideas?

Unlimited Canada-wide or unlimited local? 

zenerator
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem. In fact I'm unable to call any number whether its 416 or 647 including when + or 1 is in front of the number. The message suggests that I should have a long distance add on. I'm on a prior unlimited calls (voice only) plans. Any ideas?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@canavs 

If they let your call to connect, just ignore the warning message because PM plans are prepaid.  You will not be charged for overage.

PM will not warn you about long distance call if you add 1 in front of the number you are dialing, 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @canavs ,

I see you have been a Community member for some time now.

Have you also had an active Public Mobile account/phone number for a while as well?

If so, is this a new problem? 

Yes, as @Jb456 posted this is a standard message when dialing outside your calling area (usually). Adding a 1 in front of the 10 digit number should avoid that message; or ignore the message and it should go through.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Put a 1 infront of the number. You likely are just hearing the standard message .if you let the whole thing play then it connects. Well it should. Does it connect after the standard message plays?

Need Help? Let's chat.