cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance connection not going through

Nats99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just joined public mobile on Sunday and have successfully ported my number over and am able to make local calls.  I have the $25 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling.  I am having issues with not being able to acceprt or receive long distance calls from within Canada.  I can call them and it rings through but the line disconnects when they answer.  When they call me back, it rings through and when I answer the call is disconnected. Local calls are no issue.  

The day before I switched over I was able to make and receive long distance calls.

Has anyone heard of this before?  I am hoping to test the issue with another device tomorrow to see if it is device related, although I do not think this is the problem.

20 REPLIES 20

@Nats99You can type submit ticket instead of following the options.

Had to repeat those 2 lines a couple of times then typed: ticket...then went contact us...ignore community crap. Ticket went to where you need to go. You will get faster service by submitting ticket. Follow up with details and  ref# if ticket options are too vague.

@Nats99 wrote:

I followed that script, it did not give me the final option of ‘I want Human’ and kept directing me back here, to the community page.  I will send the mod team an email. 

Good old simple Simon.. try this : go to Simon...type human...ignore him...type...i want to speak to a human...this should get you to filling out a ticket. Write ref# down. Then follow up with the details  quoting ref #.

Nats99

I followed that script, it did not give me the final option of ‘I want Human’ and kept directing me back here, to the community page.  I will send the mod team an email. 

Nats99

Thanks

Dealing with Simon can be a challenge....looks like the mods are catching up on the backlog hopefully they will be in touch soon. Make sure they have all the info....email of account,pin, phone number and issue. Good luck. Use you ref# for follow up msgs.

Stay Safe!

Nats99

I had a challenge because I guess I wasn’t asking questions instead I wasmaking statements and SIMon was just making trouble shooting suggestions. 

I do need @CS_Agent help to confirm the issue with my account. I have followed all of the suggestions so far and the issue persists. 

Stay Safe!

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nats99 wrote:

Simon was not able to assist. 

If it didn't work on the other phone it's definitely a problem with your account. Time to contact the mods!

For info on the mods and how to contact them check here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Or you can open a ticket via SIMon the chat bot here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Nats99

Simon was not able to assist. 

Nats99

The device is a Samsung Galaxy S3, listed as compatible. 

Stay Safe!

Nats99

I have tried the reboot a few times, will try airplane mode. This is now day 6.

Nats99

I tried the SIM card on an iPhone XR and had the exact same issue when calling long distance.  The phone # was ported over from Fido. I had no issues calling long distance the day before I switched providers. 

Nats99

I did a search and was not able to find a solution. Most similar issues were resolved through PM with a mod. So I have tried the phone with another device that is on the TELUS network. I switched the SIM cards and the phone that had the public mobile SIM card did not work. 

I've searched all the articles I could find and nothing came up so @DanielleMarie Is definetly barking up the right tree. Could be your port isn't quite complete try again the next day. Reboot your phone and try again, remove your SIM (try it in another phone if you can) or wait 5 minutes reinsert and try again, put it in airplane mode...wait 15 min and take it off airplane mode...try again to call. Check your settings...phone app...do not disturb?...

If it is not working in the morning...and not after a reboot and a quick check of settings go ahead and message the mods. Then when you have time try all the other suggestions you get, try it in another phone etc...while you wait for a response from the mods. Get it to work and cancel your mod msg if not they will fix it. A day or two without long distance as long as everything else works isn't too much of an inconvenience. .hopefully. Please post the solution...for the next guy and we will know the fix. Thx

@darlicious wrote:

Hi I'm surprised no one has answered you yet. I'm going to look into this....i don't have an answer for you. At the same time put some key words in the search bar either at the top of the page or in the help section where there are articles on how pm works. You may be able to find the solution yourself. I will do my best and hopefully another member will no the fix off the top of there head. Such as checking your settings or apps section...back soon if I find an answer.

Still looking....i was hungry had to make dinner.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nats99 wrote:

Hi,

I just joined public mobile on Sunday and have successfully ported my number over and am able to make local calls.  I have the $25 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling.  I am having issues with not being able to acceprt or receive long distance calls from within Canada.  I can call them and it rings through but the line disconnects when they answer.  When they call me back, it rings through and when I answer the call is disconnected. Local calls are no issue.  

The day before I switched over I was able to make and receive long distance calls.

Has anyone heard of this before?  I am hoping to test the issue with another device tomorrow to see if it is device related, although I do not think this is the problem.

What device do you have and where did you port from?
Can you boot in safe mode and try calling? It's possible an app may be causing issues.

Testing on the other device tomorrow will definitely help us determine the issue!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Hi I'm surprised no one has answered you yet. I'm going to look into this....i don't have an answer for you. At the same time put some key words in the search bar either at the top of the page or in the help section where there are articles on how pm works. You may be able to find the solution yourself. I will do my best and hopefully another member will no the fix off the top of there head. Such as checking your settings or apps section...back soon if I find an answer.

Need Help? Let's chat.