cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Talk

Donald2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought 300 International minutes, but can't make any calls outside Canada. Anybody know?

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous  you are trying to trap our friend..

and you are now part of the laundry list....aren't you proud??? 😅

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Donald2 

I echo the question from @softech asking which country you're trying to call.  According to Public Mobile's service page*, only these countries are included:

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

@Anonymous 

Oops....did I forget the /s?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : All of this whole show belongs to Telus. Whatever gets written is free. I don't need to be given credit for the authorship when someone uses something I wrote. Not long ago I recognized my writing in a post. But then they proceeded to change it with erroneous information when using it for an international calling question. So I put in my little correction (and then for fun say it was mine originally...because it was)

@Anonymous 

It's so obviously you that has been quoted why on earth would a credit be needed?😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donald2 : To clarify what was said to be obvious above (which is an edited copy/paste of something I wrote some time ago)...it's 011 or +. +1 and 1 are for dialing Canada/US.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and if long distance add-on does not appear then make sure you need to make sure you select the add-on and make a payment.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donald2 

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the country code,

Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes.

Maybe try not using leading zeros.

Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

do one thing rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Donald2 

Purchasing a data add-on is a 2-step process:

1.  Loading the fund. Available Fund in My Account increased by the amount you have just paid
  2.  Actual purchase of the Add-on. Available Fund on My Account will be reduced

Any chance you missed step 2? 

You can confirm that you have purchased the Add-On:

1. in the Transaction History you should see 2 entries: load the fund and use the fund to buy the add-on
  2. Available Funds will revert to $ 0 (assuming you have no Available Funds previously)
  3. The Overview tab on My Account should have an entry on the add-on you purchased

So if you are sure that you have followed both steps and see the Add-On entry, all you need to do is restart the phone.

If you are having difficulty accessing the add-on you purchased, post your screenshots of the 3 things to check here and we can try to help you.

** also, which country you are trying to call?  The International minutes only covers so many countries.. not all 

Need Help? Let's chat.