cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login disabled in Self Serve

anamaria
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there:

I was away overseas for 6 months, in which I asked to place my Public Mobile phone number with the lowest plan while I was away. Upon returning to Canada, I suddenly am unable to upgrade back to my previous plan, and I do not have service, even with the lowest plan. How can I reach a Public Mobile Customer Service Rep who can check my account status, or to reenable my login in order to be able to fix this issue?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can check by calling 611 to see if it’s active or suspended but since you say you don’t have service this probably won’t work.

Like everyone else has suggested have you tried forgetting your password? 

You can PM the mod team but that’s lower priority then going though the chat bit SIMon which is the question mark icon. You could also try removing the sim and putting it into another device or restarting your device 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anamaria 

was money taken out of your credit card to pay for the service or did you have enough money on your account to cover?

oglat

hi @anamaria 

were payments taken off of your credit card, or did you have enough money on your account to cover all 6 months (7 cycles). If both of those answers are no, it is very possible that you lost your account

you can talk directly to moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Lemony_Snicket

If the login doesn't work and the service is not working, it's likely the service was not paid up and the account is now closed.  Click the question mark and initiate a ticket with the moderators.  They should be able to confirm.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@anamaria contact a moderator so you can get into your self serve account. Your auto-pay may have glitched. Or do you know if you were being charged the whole time you were away?

If you were not then your account is probably closed. 

If you did pay then you need to xontact a mod:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@anamaria  If the sim is in your device dial *611. Is your account active or suspended? If your SIM does not connect to the network then it's possible that your account was disabled. If that's the case then you need to signup as a new customer.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

When you were away for 6 months were you on auto-pay so the plan would be charged?

If there is no payment and account gets suspended. After 90 days the account is deleted and number is lost.

You can reach moderators two ways.

1-

Simon.JPG

2- via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anamaria wrote:

Hello there:

I was away overseas for 6 months, in which I asked to place my Public Mobile phone number with the lowest plan while I was away. Upon returning to Canada, I suddenly am unable to upgrade back to my previous plan, and I do not have service, even with the lowest plan. How can I reach a Public Mobile Customer Service Rep who can check my account status, or to reenable my login in order to be able to fix this issue?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

@anamaria hi if your account was suspended more than 90 days it is closed permanently  who did you ask? you would have had to keep your account active by paying while you were away 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome back @anamaria . Did you try the forgot password link to get back into your self service account?  If it failed, contact the moderators and ask them to for a temporary password. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.