cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Disabled

joserufo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have an account that has been disabled (not used since Oct 2016).

When I try to login (to recover password) the system tells me: 

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

Is there a way to recover it? On the same note: I do have the SIM card that hasn't been used in almost a year - if I put some money into it, will it become enable again? 

Thanks. 

17 REPLIES 17

@tatevik wrote:

A new number? Really? So basically if you stop being their customer for 90 days, you can’t be their customer again later? That’s ridiculous. 

Unfortunately, customers do not own the phone numbers that they use. By not keeping the service active, usage of that phone number was forfeited, and it has likely been given to someone else. It's this way across all carriers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tatevik 

What actually does?

If you don't pay for service you abandon the number. Yes you can move your number around but once you stop paying...no more number.

You might get lucky and able to recover it at the originating provider after you've abandoned it but not if someone has claimed it.

@tatevik wrote:

what do you mean “ into the number pool”? It’s his own cell phone number? No one else can use that number? 

I just think it’s ridiculous that customers can’t be a customer again if they are inactive for 90 days? No one is going to change their whole cell phone number just to be able to join public mobile. That is a lot of work and a hassle. 

No activity is required to maintain your phone number; just a payment. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tatevik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve transferred from Bell, to Telus, and then to public mobile.... so yes it actually does? Lol 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can be a customer. Just not the same number. If the number started in the Telus family and if it's currently not ringing then you _might_ be able to reclaim it. But not likely.

Does any telecom provider let you abandon a number and pick it up again? No.

tatevik

what do you mean “ into the number pool”? It’s his own cell phone number? No one else can use that number? 

I just think it’s ridiculous that customers can’t be a customer again if they are inactive for 90 days? No one is going to change their whole cell phone number just to be able to join public mobile. That is a lot of work and a hassle. 

@tatevik hi when the account is suspended for more than 90 days the number goes back into the number pool they can't keep it forever waiting for someone to return or not.

tatevik

A new number? Really? So basically if you stop being their customer for 90 days, you can’t be their customer again later? That’s ridiculous. 

@tatevik hi you will need a new number and email and sim good luck  you are basically starting over be safe

tatevik

My dad is currently having the same issue. He stopped using public mobile over 90 days ago, and now his account is deactivated. When he goes to make a new account and puts his cellphone number in- it says it’s already associated with an account. But then when we try to recover the password on the old email, it says  ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

He isn’t even able to make a new account using a different email because it’s still the same phone number. 

What does he do now? 

@dowenpublic wrote:

Hi 

I'm having the same issue except my account was still charged. So I'm being charged on an auto renewal plan but my plan hasnt been activated, I cant log in to my account so I'm just at a loss for words. 

I dont even know what to do as it's impossible to contact public mobile for someone to resolve... 

David

Try using the link in the post above yours.  That link will allow you to send a private message to Moderator_Team.  Explain the issue in your message.  Hearing back could take anywhere from 2-48 hours.

You can try rebooting your phone to see if it will activate your account too.

dowenpublic

Hi 

I'm having the same issue except my account was still charged. So I'm being charged on an auto renewal plan but my plan hasnt been activated, I cant log in to my account so I'm just at a loss for words. 

I dont even know what to do as it's impossible to contact public mobile for someone to resolve... 

David

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Paolo1 wrote:

Hello,

I have a public mobile account activeted 2 months ago, (with a 3 months plan)  I tryed this morning to login to my account and I'm getting this error (Sorry ,your login has been disabled.).  I need to Loging to add (add-ons) on my plans.

What should I do?

Thanks

Regards

Paolo

@Paolo1

Your account likely needs a password reset with the help of a moderator.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your e-mail address and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Paolo1

Hello,

I have a public mobile account activeted 2 months ago, (with a 3 months plan)  I tryed this morning to login to my account and I'm getting this error (Sorry ,your login has been disabled.).  I need to Loging to add (add-ons) on my plans.

What should I do?

Thanks

Regards

Paolo

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I enjoy chiming in @SD08 when possible 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeremy_M  You've been busy this morning.  Great to see you rolling up your sleeves and helping the moderators.  Robot Happy

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @joserufo,

Great Question:

@joserufo wrote:

Hi,

I have an account that has been disabled (not used since Oct 2016).

When I try to login (to recover password) the system tells me: 

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

Is there a way to recover it? On the same note: I do have the SIM card that hasn't been used in almost a year - if I put some money into it, will it become enable again? 

Thanks. 

Answer:

Your account will be suspended if payment is not received on your rate plan renewal date, and will expire/deactivate on the 90th day. That also means that on the 90th day you would lose your telephone number associated with your rate plan and your self-serve account will be disabled. That's why you're experiencing the issues you've mentioned above.

Your old SIM card will not work either and you will have to create a new account.

1. To order a SIM card you can order one online here
  2. Or Go to any WoW boutique or any Walmart store
  3. Once you purchased a new SIM you can then activate it online here.

I hope this helps 🙂

Jeremy

Need Help? Let's chat.