cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Self-Service

JessicaNagra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I reset my password yesterday and when I signed in using the link provided in the email I was able to view my community profile, however once I tried accessing self-service it claims my login attempt failed, my password clearly isn't the issue since I just changed it. I have been locked out since yesterday even though lock outs are only supposed to last an hour. My bill was due on the 17th it is currently the 22nd, I haven't made a payment because I do not know my 4 digit account pin since all of my previous payments on the phone have never asked for one until now. I wanted to try making a payment via self-service and set up automatic payments but I have had no luck accessing the self-service, I also do not know what answer I put for the security question so I need help immediately. 

9 REPLIES 9

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RosieR @Anonymous  My bad. Read wrong.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@BeachNBeer wrote:

How were you able to reset your password yesterday if you don't know the answer to your security question?

Hi @BeachNBeer security question is not asked to change password or pin number.  I know this as I recently needed the moderators' help.  Cheers!

The OP had said they thought they successfully reset their password. In that process, it asks for the answer to the security question we all set up. Then at the end of the OP they said they didn't know that answer. So BeachNBeer wondered how that was possible when they just used it.

But then maybe the OP was talking about the _community_ password reset.

At least that's how I interpret it all.

Hi @Anonymous I understand that OP just changed their password and I also understand @BeachNBeer question.  I say it again, the moderators do not ask for the security question to change password and that is why the OP did not just use it.  When was the last time you changed your password or pin number?  PM might have changed its requirements since then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BeachNBeer wrote:

How were you able to reset your password yesterday if you don't know the answer to your security question?

@BeachNBeer : the OP had changed the community password...not the self-serve. No security question is asked.

Edit: ahhh..then I read Jb456 above. Sigh. I'm done tonight

Self Serve asks for security question answer.

Community Forum just sends an email with a reset link.

Self serve username is your email. Community forum account is username you picked.

Community email must match self serve email for community reward purposes but can be different.

@BeachNBeer wrote:

Hi @BeachNBeer security question is not asked to change password or pin number.  I know this as I recently needed the moderators' help.  Cheers!

@JessicaNagra 

Make sure you write down your pin #, security question and answer and put it in a safe and secure place only accessible to you

If you need to get your service up and running right away you can purchase a voucher from shell, london drugs, SDM, esso, Mobil, 7/11 etc....and load it via 611. Dial then press 1 followed  by 1 and then load using the 12 digit pin number.. 

Edit: @computergeek541 Can you merge this thread? Thx

BeachNBeer

BeachNBeer

Only mods can help with your 4 digit pin and to get back into your account.

Click question mark for the chat bot and open a ticket or private message

Click To Private message  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JessicaNagra 

Submit a ticket to contact the moderators to access your account. You can then review with them your pin # and security question and answer. To submit a ticket either click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen to submit a ticket via Simon. Type in locked out of self serve and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Or...

Send a private message to the Moderator_team. Type Moderator_team inn the send bar, locked out of self serve in the subject bar and describe your issue in detail. Include the following in your message:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, phone number# and pin#.
  3. If you don't know your pin# include at least three of the following:
  4. Last payment, date,amount, type and last 4 digits.
  5. Alternate phone # if any.
  6. Date of birth.
  7. Autopay y/n?  Type, last 4 digits.
  8. Plan amount, any add ons? Recent plan changes.
  9. Security question and answer.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Allow for a minimum 2 to 8 hours (up to 48 hours) for a response. Wait times are currently longer than usual especially for non urgent requests ( ie port requests.)

Need Help? Let's chat.