cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local calls don't connect

J2G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can text, call toll free and receive calls. Local and long distance don't go through  Account is up to date

36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robmil wrote:

I am asking about local calls problem, not about plan changing 

A few things to try:

1. flip in/out of Airplane mode waiting a few moments before out

2. Restart phone

3. turn off, remove SIM, restart, turn off, re-insert SIM, restart

4. Use the Lost/stolen function in the self-serve to Suspend your service. Wait a minute or three. Then Resume the service and restart.

5. If you have a pre-registered payment card then make a manual payment of a dollar and restart after success.

Any of these might make it work.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robmil 

If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account specific issue, then it’s time to contact our super-knowledgeable Moderator Team.Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

robmil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am asking about local calls problem, not about plan changing 

@robmil wrote:

same problem,

I'm on $76/90days plan with unlimited Canada-wide  calls. Telling me about add-on.

Why not change. 

9BDB0252-8B00-46A6-ADBE-B7E6EAA5C603.jpeg

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robmil wrote:

Sorry, province-wide, but no outgoing local calls 

Can you try putting a 1 in front of the number. Is it only one number or all local numbers?

robmil

Sorry, province-wide, but no outgoing local calls 

For $25 and change today you can have a plan for $23 that has unlimited outbound. If you are on an old plan.....what is holding you to stay with it?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robmil wrote:

same problem,

I'm on $76/90days plan with unlimited Canada-wide  calls. Telling me about add-on.

Is that plan unlimited Canada-wide or is it only provincial calling?

If it is this plan: 90-days province-wide talk for $76 then you need to purchase an add on to call out of province.You should purchase the $5 500 minute add on.

robmil

same problem,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Thanks. I just went back on a few of my originating posts that have no solution. And I do see that I can accept one of my posts as a solution. That is so wrong. Why would I post for help then post a solution and accept my post as a solution? That’s a time waster to be involved in assisting. 

Because it's a method of gaming the system for reward. It keeps our ever-vigilant Oracles on their toes. 🙂

There are rare times when no one else has mentioned the solution when the OP comes back with what fixed their problem.

bellaplace

I would ensure that you are dialing the area code the the number..for example 416-000-0000

@Anonymous wrote:

@J2G wrote:

Problem solved! The $15.00 payment (I'm on auto pay) did not go to the 500 minute add on.

I just added another $5.00 and now can make calls.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

You might have been thinking this is a pay as you go service. It's not. You deposit money. You now have a balance. You can now buy add-ons or use the balance for your next renewal.

Buying add-ons without sufficient balance is a bit non-intuitive because you need to deposit the money first even though it seems as though you think you've bought the add-on.

@LurganIeUk : the "system" is perfectly fine with self-solutions. The culture here is not, what with rewards involved.

Thanks. I just went back on a few of my originating posts that have no solution. And I do see that I can accept one of my posts as a solution. That is so wrong. Why would I post for help then post a solution and accept my post as a solution? That’s a time waster to be involved in assisting. 

@kselmak wrote:

@J2G 

If you still have data get free fongo account with free unlimited Canada calling.

Call your cell from your fongo, that's incoming hence free

Hit transfer call on fongo (not 3 easy calling but transfer) and chose destination number.

The destination will see your cell number as calling (fongo already disconnected and called in behalf of your cell phone.

This will use 0.06m of your 250m if data.

It's great option when you know you will be waiting for very long time

If you don't have any data left great thing is to for addon

Just to confirm. Fongo is an APP for Android and iOS.  Fongo can be used on Data or Wi-Fi and you can turn on/off caller ID on your Fongo Number. You can call forward your Fongo number to your PM number. So if you call out on Fongo the person you call, will see your Fongo number and if they call you back, the call will forward to your PM number. To receive the call back, Wi-Fi or data is NOT required. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J2G wrote:

Problem solved! The $15.00 payment (I'm on auto pay) did not go to the 500 minute add on.

You might have been thinking this is a pay as you go service. It's not. You deposit money. You now have a balance. You can now buy add-ons or use the balance for your next renewal.

Buying add-ons without sufficient balance is a bit non-intuitive because you need to deposit the money first even though it seems as though you think you've bought the add-on.

@LurganIeUk : the "system" is perfectly fine with self-solutions. The culture here is not, what with rewards involved.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@J2G 

If you still have data get free fongo account with free unlimited Canada calling.

Call your cell from your fongo, that's incoming hence free

Hit transfer call on fongo (not 3 way calling but transfer) and chose destination number.

The destination will see your cell number as calling (fongo already disconnected and called on behalf of your cell phone).

This will use 0.06m of your 250m if data.

It's great option when you know you will be waiting for very long time

If you don't have any data left go for addon, it never expires will probably last you for years if you combine it with fongo.

Can you select a solution? The system is supposed to NOT allow the OP to select their post as a solution. 

And secondly YOU must order the add on...auto pay only pays for your 30 day cycle plan. 

J2G

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@J2G wrote:

I thought that is what I added on - showing $15.00 paid

When was your renewal date? So the $15 got used for your renewal?

Or is the $15 showing in your available funds something like this:

Available.jpg

@J2G wrote:

Account status is "active" with a $15.00 balance but nothing showing where minutes used usually is

Do you see this? If minutes used but not over 100 would say something like 68/100. But if all used this line disappears. You need to add $5 to your account, if balance is 0, and buy the 500 minute add on. It does not expire until minutes are used. 

Also so you can check your call usage in a date range to verify where/when  the minutes were used. 

3A94AB2C-CFEA-47DC-B1C1-A443828EC859.jpeg

J2G

I thought that is what I added on - showing $15.00 paid

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@J2G wrote:

Account status is "active" with a $15.00 balance but nothing showing where minutes used usually is

You must have used up your 100 minutes. The $15 is in your Available Funds to be used at your next renewal. Best to purchase the 500 minute add on.

With the $15 plan you are limited to 100 outgoing minutes. Seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute). As well, checking your voicemail with your phone will use up outgoing minutes too.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

J2G

Go into My Account. If you are on $15 plan and have used all minutes....the whole line disappears.   Do you have the 500 minute add on?

J2G

Where can I find minutes left? I see where it shows detailed calling but not minutes left.

What is your account status when you log into “My Account”?

@J2G wrote:

Recording says "don't have an active long distance add on".

I do

Are you calling within Canada? If yes and you are on $15 plan then your 100 minutes or $5 500 minute add-on should work. 

If you are calling LD somewhere else...do you have the “correct” LD add-on?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@J2G wrote:

Added $15.00 2 days age and it shows paid on my online account

Log into self service to see how many minutes you have left. You should see a line like this.

minuets.jpg

J2G

Added $15.00 2 days age and it shows paid on my online account

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@J2G wrote:

Recording says "don't have an active long distance add on".

I do

If you are on a limited minutes plan and are out of minutes buy the 500 minutes add on for $5. The unused minutes roll over each cycle until consumed.

500.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.