cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Reply
Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let’s Hear YOUR Ideas for upcoming promotions πŸ€“

For current customers on a plan paying less than $30 every 30 days, offer them a $10 credit for six months when the following three requirements are met:

 

1. They switch to a $30 (or greater) plan.

2. Set-up (turn On) autopay.

3. Plan stays at the $30 (or greater) price for at least 6 months after the plan change. 

 

Community,  what say you?  πŸ‘ or πŸ‘Ž whether this idea lives or dies.  

 

 

 

NDesai
Oracle

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“

πŸ‘Ž

TBH, they already offer great rewards to bring the cost down and now we want even more $?

_________________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
If you need to contact PM Customer Support Agent, create a Ticket.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“


@NDesai wrote:

πŸ‘Ž

TBH, they already offer great rewards to bring the cost down and now we want even more $?


Who's the "we"? If you mean the plebecites, TBH, I don't think you've thought it through. 

 

Both the consumer and Public Mobile wins in this transaction.   Long term goes to PB.  A healthy PB hopefully translates to maintaining the prices. 

 

Let me ask you this, how many times have people posted that they signed up for the $10 plan, but want to switch to the $30 plan for the 6 months credits? 

 

Appreciate the opinion whether it's up or down. 

ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“


@Pizzaeh wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

πŸ‘Ž

TBH, they already offer great rewards to bring the cost down and now we want even more $?


Who's the "we"? If you mean the plebecites, TBH, I don't think you've thought it through. 

 

Both the consumer and Public Mobile wins in this transaction.   Long term goes to PB.  A healthy PB hopefully translates to maintaining the prices. 

 

Let me ask you this, how many times have people posted that they signed up for the $10 plan, but want to switch to the $30 plan for the 6 months credits? 

 

Appreciate the opinion whether it's up or down. 


Yes only for the 6 months so then PM is selling a $30 plan for $20 then they go back to the $10


I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

πŸ‘Ž

TBH, they already offer great rewards to bring the cost down and now we want even more $?


Who's the "we"? If you mean the plebecites, TBH, I don't think you've thought it through. 

 

Both the consumer and Public Mobile wins in this transaction.   Long term goes to PB.  A healthy PB hopefully translates to maintaining the prices. 

 

Let me ask you this, how many times have people posted that they signed up for the $10 plan, but want to switch to the $30 plan for the 6 months credits? 

 

Appreciate the opinion whether it's up or down. 


Yes only for the 6 months so then PM is selling a $30 plan for $20 then they go back to the $10


Exactly, consumer Joe/Jane pays an extra $10 per month for at least six months.  Some will switch back to a cheaper plan after six months, while some consumers will find the extra minutes/text/data useful and stay on the $30 plan.

 

Looking at the overall long-term picture, not only the immediate credits.   

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“

@Pizzaeh 

 

Save me (the customer) any money is πŸ‘

 

But public mobile caters basically everything to gaining new business.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“


@slash407 wrote:

thats the current promo.....30$ or over 10$ off etc lol look it up


The current promotion is not open to current customers.   This would be for Public Mobile customers who switch from a plan that is less than $30.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“


@Pizzaeh wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

thats the current promo.....30$ or over 10$ off etc lol look it up


The current promotion is not open to current customers.   This would be for Public Mobile customers who switch from a plan that is less than $30.


The last time they ran this same promo, was it not also avaialble for existing customers?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“

@pm-smayer97, you're the one who keeps track of these things, you tell us.

 

Promos differ all the time.  New user promos happen more often than all user promos.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Idea for upcoming promotion πŸ€“


@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

thats the current promo.....30$ or over 10$ off etc lol look it up


The current promotion is not open to current customers.   This would be for Public Mobile customers who switch from a plan that is less than $30.


The last time they ran this same promo, was it not also avaialble for existing customers?


It was for new activations; existing customers switching from the $10 plan, for example, to the $30 plan were not eligible.  As a result, they were annoyed.  Sure, a current customer could buy and activate a new sim for the $30 plan, but you can understand they wouldn't be happy about that.

 

I realize that the goal of the promotion, offering it for new activations, is meant to bring  customers over from other carriers not part of the Telus family (Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile). 

 

My thought is, by extending this to current customers, PM gets additional revenue (during the 6 months - especially for the current cutomers on the $10 plan) for at least 6 months, and could potentially convert some of those $10 plan customers to the $30 plan long-term after the 6 months are up.  With the autopay turned on, and after they get to experience unlimited text/calling and some data, some of those customers may continue on the $30 plan.  

 

I don't know why the offer is not extended to current customers.  Perhaps there are additional costs assciated with the marketing/promoting or when customers switch plans, that are greater than the guaranteed additional revenue for the six months, but I guess that's why we're not in the business of running a telecom.  *shrugs*

Need Help? Let's chat.