cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lesson learned

Forgot to turn off notification on Daves letter and was that ever fun cleaning up my mail inbox Smiley LOL

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Re: Lesson learned

@Willaug56 wrote:

Forgot to turn off notification on Daves letter and was that ever fun cleaning up my mail inbox Smiley LOL

@Willaug56That will happen 😉 That's why I have subscribe off for all by default. Unless I choose to subscribe I don't get notified.

bradman20012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happened to me as well. I got 40 emails with in 5 minutes.....Now I know to turn of post notifications.

Tags (1)
will13am
Oracle

@Willaug56, they must have sent emails destined for other customers your way.  I have several active accounts.  I got zero emails and one text message so far about this 5 day contest. 

will13am
Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

@Willaug56 wrote:

@Willaug56That will happen 😉 That's why I have subscribe off for all by default. Unless I choose to subscribe I don't get notified.

The problem with unsubscribing is losing out on announcements that may be of interest.  It is so easy to hit the delete button. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Willaug56 wrote:

Do you have a link to Dave's letter? I never subscribed.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Willaug56 wrote:

@Willaug56 Me too! Figure out how to configure my settings pretty quick after that. 🙂

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Willaug56 wrote:

The problem with unsubscribing is losing out on announcements that may be of interest.  It is so easy to hit the delete button. 

@will13am  The issue for me was that my other account (I have two, one for me and one for my kid) had somehow subscribed to that particular thread. I was able to delete the subscription to that thread only while keeping notifications active for other items. Definitely a good learning for me.

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats what I did will13am

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@will13am uhm, no.  You can't subscribe to new announcements via the type of subscriptions being discussed here.  [Aside: you can do so with an RSS reader, however.]  Turning off email subscriptions to replies on topics you've replied to has no affect on your ability to be notified of new announcements (unless they are added to an existing announcements thread, to which you are subscribed, but they don't really do that.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.