cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy User lost my promo to move to Koodo

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have both a legacy account and the new system account.

My mother in law uses the legacy account number.  A month ago she received the text to move her legacy plan to Koodo but she deleted the text.  

I don't want to be charged $3 more a month so I want to move over to Kodoo.  

How can I get the promo code again? 

17 REPLIES 17

Pottertons

You are both absolutely correct. I was just under the impression (due to lack of proper research) that I could get this offer and just add a device to it. 
Which makes me think......why switch period? 
I guess the main incentive is the Canada-wide calling whereas the $120/12GB plan is local only. 

The way I understand the $180 bill credit, is that it's credited on the bill at $15/month, for 12 months.  Everything I've read on RFD says BYOD also.

Unless, there's another similar offer that we're all confused about?

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pottertons

I don't think you are correct. They've given you the wrong information. The promo is good for a small or medium tab. However I don't think you could get the Galaxy S9.

The $180 credit should still apply. 

GC

Pottertons

Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable. 
After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch. 
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that. 

The equivalent plan that Koodo offers is ....wait for it.......
A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-Wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Smiley Surprised

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.
I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then. 

I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright. 

Pottertons

Thanks!! 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pottertons wrote:

So I guess it would be fair to assume that they're no longer trying to entice PM subscribers with a switch? 

@Pottertons this assumption is incorrect.  There are continuing campaigns on a regular basis.  You may get another text at some point.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pottertons

Fair enough. So I guess it would be fair to assume that they're no longer trying to entice PM subscribers with a switch? 

Pottertons
Shute! My phone is on the blink and I need to upgrade.
Oh well. Thanks for the info.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Pottertons wrote:

Is there an updated way to get this message?

I've tried 5255 and 5130. No response from either. The latter was provided by a Koodo sales associate at my closest location. 

Seeing as though this promotion is over a year old, I don't think it is possible.

Pottertons

Is there an updated way to get this message?

I've tried 5255 and 5130. No response from either. The latter was provided by a Koodo sales associate at my closest location. 

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@proplayer44 wrote:

My mother in law uses the legacy account number.  A month ago she received the text to move her legacy plan to Koodo but she deleted the text.  

Ask your Mother in Law to go to any Koodo Store (not Walmart or Best Buy) and tell them that she wanted to switch from PM. If she will have proper documents with her ID she won't probably need this text anyway. I believe that they have some kind of data base with phone numbers eligible for this offer.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @proplayer44

@SD08 is right! Just tell her to text ‘OFFER’ to 5255 and she should receive the text again 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

proplayer44

OK ty, now I have to explain and convince my mother in law to do this over text...

🙂 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@proplayer44 wrote:

@proplayer44

According to moderator Saray_O's post here, you can text ‘OFFER’ to 5255 to find out if you're eligible for this Legacy transfer to Koodo. They'll normally send you the promo code at that point. Not sure if it works for a resend, but it's worth a try.

proplayer44

I'll send Shazia a message. It's the $25 plan. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@proplayer44, what legacy plan is she on?  If she is on anything other then the $25 a month plan one of hte new plans will be a cheaper way to go.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@proplayer44  You'll have to reach out to a moderator for this issue.  I've tagged one below, you should send a private message with your account info and some background.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.