cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Public Mobile

arielspalter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I want to switch to a new company and keep my number, but I lost my SIM card and was told I would not be able to complete the process without it. Is there a way to confirm the transfer of the number to the new company without the SIM card (maybe via email?). Secondly, I have cancelled the AutoPay in my account, is this enough for ending my business with Public Mobile? Any help would be much appreciated, I am really at a loss without any support and no one to talk to.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@arielspalter  Yes, this is the proper way and likely less hassle than asking PM for a favour to port without a SIM

Just logon to My Account and click Check SIM and use Email for getting the 2FA 

more details:

SIM Swap Fraud: 2 factor-authentication - Community (publicmobile.ca)

arielspalter

Thank you! even though I've already purchased a new SIM card I am now trying to do it this way since it seems faster. Will see how this goes...

@arielspalter 

Yes and yes. @Spudster gave you the correct info as a new SIM card is not necessary. Contact customer support and "verbally" authorize the port or in pm's case you will be giving written authorization.

Not nearly as difficult as @computergeek541 makes it out to be....and less costly. Save the SIM card in case you choose to return to pm sometime in the future. Your account does need to be active to port out.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arielspalter 

When is your next renewal date?

1.  You should keep your PM account active before you can port your number to the new provider.  Therefore, If your new SIM card has not arrived the day before your next renewal date, you should add fund to your account to keep your account active.

2.  You should also keep your new SIM card in your phone after you initiated porting your number to your new provider.  You need to confirm the port request text message from PM before PM release your phone number to your new provider.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arielspalter 

You could have also contacted the Customer Service Agents to advise that you wish to transfer out of public mobile and will be unable to respond to the SMS port authorization text. 

There are situations when people lose their phones or SIM card and they are not required to have to buy another one to port out.

And yes, removing auto pay will ensure your service will not renew.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arielspalter 

it's ok,

if you buy it online from PM is take maybe 4 week.. 

but i suggest you get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it from any gas station near me,

arielspalter

Thank you! I somehow got confused and thought I posted it in the wrong place. I've ordered a new SIM card and will do the switch when it arrives.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arielspalter 

buy it a new SIM card for PM and Swap and after that you can transfer old number to new company, if you need your old number,

or if you don't want it, just remove AutoPay from your acccount and the account with 91 days will be closed....

so how many poster you will do just keep it in one !!

arielspalter

Hello,

I want to switch to a new company and keep my number, but I lost my SIM card and was told I would not be able to complete the process without it. Is there a way to confirm the transfer of the number to the new company without the SIM card (maybe via email?). Secondly, I have cancelled the AutoPay in my account, is this enough for ending my business with Public Mobile? Any help would be much appreciated, I am really at a loss without any support and no one to talk to.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arielspalter 

buy it a new SIM card for PM and Swap and after that you can transfer old number to new company, if you need your old number,

or if you don't want it, just remove AutoPay from your acccount and the account with 91 days will be closed....

@arielspalter wrote:

The easiest way may be to replace the Public Mobile SIM card.  Otherwise, you're looking at a rather complicated nunber port out.

Need Help? Let's chat.