cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LGX POWER

raven2332
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My LGXPower phone was formally from Kodoo and is supposed to work on Public Mobile Network but some how it will only work when on wifi but barely  work .. when on normal network mode.. it wont even show if I am on 4G or LTE.. is there anything i can do 

need someones help ASAP...

16 REPLIES 16

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SD08,

Oops! Late night! Lol 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michael77 wrote:

@raven2332,

Any luck?

@Michael77

You're replying to an old thread.  raven2332's issue occurred in April.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@raven2332,

Any luck?

mlavoie674

PUT IN YOUR SIM,

FOLLOW APN SETTINGS SETTUP AS SHOWN IN VARIOUS PAGES

FACTORY RESET YOU PHONE,   GO THROUGH THE STEPS AS THEY COME UP, 

I've been dealing with the same problem for a few hours,    seen a post suggesting to Factory reset,  it worked,   everything works perfect on the LG Pow X now,,,

imm1304

Hey @raven2332,

Since its a Koodo phone, its supposed to be compatible with PM sim card without unlocking as we are on the same Telus network.  

As @srlawren pointed out, data connectivity issues after changing sim cards seems to be more frequent among the LG smartphones.  Typically, a factory reset is the sure fix.. everything else is just trial and error.  

You do not need to worry abougt losing personal data from the phone due to factory reset. LG Backup software is excellent and you can choose to back up from within the phone to the sd card.  Then carry out the factory reset and then restore from backup.  

To rule out other issues, you can test your public mobile sim card in another phone so that the issue is further narrowed down to your handset.   

Let us know if you have managed to fix this by now.  

srlawren

@raven2332 unfortuantely, I think your best bet here is to do a factory reset.  I know that some LG models have issues with data after moving between carriers.  I know that most of the G-series have this issue for sure.  No idea about your model, but I'm guessing that it may be on the list.  If seems the only reliable solution is a factory reset, unfortunately.  I beleive there's an LG Backup app that can help backing up and restoring your data.  @imm1304 is my go-to expert for LG data weirdness.  Imm, any thoughts?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Did you tried your sim in other phone try that If doesn't work on the other phone then as I send you the APN setting check your APN setting if it's properly in your phone if that doesn't help then contact the mod by sending a private message and let's see what they have to say about it last option will be resetting your phone to see if the issue get resolved but first I will try the sim on a different phone just to make sure there's nothing wrong with your current phone
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

raven2332

so what can i do?? does my phone work still??

raven2332

no not yet my last option is total reset i guess but i am trying to avoid that..

Here's the apn setting for lgx
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/1521_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_lg...

Even after if that doesn't work then try your sim in different unlock phone see if you able to connect to data if you do get connected then phone is not setup properly
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Android-based phones only show a 3g/H/H+/4g/LTE icon when there is an active data connection.  If you have no active celluar internet connection, the status bar will not show what type of network you are currently using.   Listed as the "Cellular Network Type", this information is made available within the phone's status menu.

Does your issue resolved ?

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

go on network settings and adjust them.

see if there are buttons for LTE, 3G so on..

or try it on another phone.

Another option is to reset phone

good luck

I would also recommend to try your sim in different phone to check if it's hardware issue this way you will find out if other phone have proper network as suppose to be then that's mean your phone having issues but try to check apn setting as well

Here's is the apn setting link check if it's properly set in your phone as well

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
But you were getting lte on koodo also try reseting the phone and check if you have a proper apn setting and take and sim out and reinstall and then restart the phone if it's still doesn't work then Send a private msg to mod @Shazia_K along with your username and phone number will the issue they will look after you if there's a system issue from their end but I would try resetting the phone and check apn and also check phone network setting as well

SD08

According to this site
http://willmyphonework.net/
there is only one LTE band that phone supports - band7.

Check the bands supported by the towers in your area on this map:
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
Look for and blue (Bell) or green (Telus) towers.

Need Help? Let's chat.