cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LD message

Whanjo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. When I call same province starting 250... There is message " long distance charge may apply. ..." May I ignore this message? Or it will be charge extra?
Next question: As long as I do not have add on then I can not call to LD right?
11 REPLIES 11

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@avie nope, doesn't matter who is calling you.  When it comes to incoming calls, all that matters is where you are located, and what your home province is.

avie

Very interesting...I 110% do not have LD mins add-on.

Could it be that I was able to pick up because it was an Ontario number calling me? In addition, the call was originating from Montreal as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WearySky wrote:

This is incorrect.  If you're on a province-wide calling plan and are outside of your home province (the province where your area code resides), your phone won't even ring unless you have a long distance add-on.  You can make outgoing calls within the province that you are currently in, but incoming calls are LD.  Are you sure you didn't have an LD add-on on your phone when you received those calls in Montreal?

@avie I agree 100% with @WearySky--if you did manage to recieve incoming calls on a province-wide talk plan with no long distance add-on minutes available while outside of your own province, it must have been a fluke or a glitch. The normal and expected behvaiour is that incoming calls in that situation would go directly to your voicemail.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@avie wrote:

I got that message before and was never charged LD.

On that point, you can be out of the province and still pick up phone calls without getting charged as well. AFAIK if you don't make outgoing calls while out of province, you're in the clear.

For reference: I have a Toronto number and travelled to Montreal. Picked up phone calls while I was there and bill had no charges.

This is incorrect.  If you're on a province-wide calling plan and are outside of your home province (the province where your area code resides), your phone won't even ring unless you have a long distance add-on.  You can make outgoing calls within the province that you are currently in, but incoming calls are LD.  Are you sure you didn't have an LD add-on on your phone when you received those calls in Montreal?

@daredogg  I have never dialed +1.  All my contacts in my phone I have a 1 infront of the area code

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

That is correct.  if you dial 1-250 you won't get that message

@ShawnC13 I thought it was +1 you dialed in front? Does the plus sign matter?

gunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Although it plays the message that "long distance charges may apply" as long as you are in the province, it will not apply, and as I found out that if you call outside the province with no add on (I only have province-wide calling) it won't let you complete the call

avie

I got that message before and was never charged LD.

On that point, you can be out of the province and still pick up phone calls without getting charged as well. AFAIK if you don't make outgoing calls while out of province, you're in the clear.

For reference: I have a Toronto number and travelled to Montreal. Picked up phone calls while I was there and bill had no charges.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That is correct.  if you dial 1-250 you won't get that message

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Ignore all messages when calling or texting. If they go through there will never be an extra charge. Public Mobile services are 100% prepaid; no overages ever.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
As long as you do not have LD add on then you will be not change because pm plans are prepaid. So no way to charge us.
If you have province wide talk then you cannot call other Canadian province without the LD add ons.
Need Help? Let's chat.