cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kootenays outage?

ThrZeke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm located in the Kootenays.  Currently both my wife's and my phone say "No Service".  I checked the billing and it's not due until May 15th.

Is there an outage?

8 REPLIES 8

Well we have for the most part forgotten about Shaws main exchange nerve centre in Calgary CATCHING ON FIRE 2-3-4 years ago and putting large numbers of their home phone and internet customers all around the country out of service.

AE_Collector

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Little pockets of outages happen all the time for all carriers. Rogers had a nation-wide outage. Not so all the time.

Fair statement!  I was having fun with the situation, beaver and all.  I agree it's not the same, but for those affected I'm sure it's equally frustrating.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Little pockets of outages happen all the time for all carriers. Rogers had a nation-wide outage. Not so all the time.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector 

Sounds like Telus forgot to feed their Kootenay-based beaver-techs! 😂

Rogers suffered a massive outage recently, and it appears that Telus has followed suit.  I suppose we'll hear something affecting Bell in the near future to top it all off.

Alas, I'm hoping that those affected have already got their service back since it's no longer reported on the Outage map!  🙂

All is well in Castlegar....so far !

martinsavill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In Trail, have been out since about 1PM. Coworker is on Telus and is out too.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can check for outages.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

Need Help? Let's chat.