cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo porting, do I just private message PM?

cbiccum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I sent 4 of the admin's a private message with my koodo info to port over my phone number.  Is this the correct thing to do?  Looking for a quick turn around, my koodo line is getting billed in a couple of days.

13 REPLIES 13

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@cbiccum
You should use one to refer me =P

cbiccum

Perfect!  2 more sim cards on order now.  I'll of course use this number to refer the other 2.  Thanks for everyone's help.

eazybelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So? How did it go?!

cbiccum

AHHHH yes, that was it, I did't put it in at the top when I was checking for elibibility.

Kaiyo

@cbiccum wrote:

Yes I checked that box off at the bottom!

Isn't it near the top iirc?

You checked it before entering your details right?

cbiccum

Yes I checked that box off at the bottom!

Kaiyo

@cbiccum wrote:

Thanks for your help.  I did everything as you said but I'm having an error come up at the end saying, 
"you must be authorized to transfer this phone number" 

I put on the form my full name which is on my koodo bill, but getting this error.

Did you check the box "i'm authroize..." ? 

cbiccum

Thanks for your help.  I did everything as you said but I'm having an error come up at the end saying, 
"you must be authorized to transfer this phone number" 

I put on the form my full name which is on my koodo bill, but getting this error.

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use your Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kaiyo

As long as the emails are different between PM and Koodo it should work, 99%, baring any other issues that arise.

Make sure to check you are authorized before entering the information. Just give your Koodo account number, Alternative phone number (i.e. home phone), and your name on  your Koodo account.

The porting could take any where from a few minutes to a couple of hours, you should get a text saying it's ported. Some function may work right away. I.e. data, or outgoing calls. 

Once you get the text message saying it's ported, you can change your email back. 

publicuser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have also sent a PM but haven't received a reply. I'm also scared of porting online because of the numerous problems so many people are facing with partial porting and waiting in the queue for mods to fix it.

cbiccum

I see I have the option to try to port, I thought I needed to contact PM to do this for me?  I was scared to try it myself.

Are you saying I can't use the same email address for Koodo as I am for PM?

Kaiyo

Did you try porting it yourself? 

You can change your email address for Public Mobile to a different email than the one you use for Koodo, this will allow the port to work. 

Need Help? Let's chat.