cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo port promo - phone number invalid

kzhou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a $40 12gb/90 day plan and I'm trying to take advantage of the Koodo promo. It says that the plan I currently have should be eligable for the promo, but when I try online to use my number with the promo code, it says it is invalid. It is possible someone else used my number for the promo? Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

yellover
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a friend who received the Koodo Offer, but I did not. He will not be switching. Am I able to use his number to obtain the offer and port my own, not his, out from Public Mobile to Koodo? I don't want to cause him any issues. Can Public Mobile transfer the offer from his account to mine at his request?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @kzhou,

We've responded to your private message! Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

rndwng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same problem. I received the text from Koodo and got an error when trying to redeem with the promo code. It said the code was for one-time use, meaning my offer got hijacked...

I'm in process of getting the offer back. Here is what I did:

1. Call Koodo to explain the situation, easier if you just set a callback time;

2. Explain the situation, if you have received a text with the offer, they would have a record;

...Once confirmed with the Koodo CS...

3. Order a SIM card from KOODO with any plans

4. Call back and ask for the same CS rep, they can apply the plan to your account manually

Only do this if you have received the text on your number, the number that you would be porting from PM to Koodo.

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No.

when i need one more promotion for my kid, i got a call with kooodo service center.

I asked promotion code, they said it is on PM, not in Koodo. One more is that they have a list of Promotion Code, it is not in there they are going to ban the processing.

So isend a message to a Mod they said they can't send a promotion code individually.

I almost give up, but some body mention it on the community.

I send a text to 5130 and get one more promotion code sombody said.

Also you have to put your phone number on the processing to port.

It is my experience after porting all my family to Koodo from Pm.

It might be a little difference but I wish you good luck.

Canadiankid

Looks like someone has used your phone number to steal your offer. Unfortunately PM uses phone numbers to refer a friend and this make it really easy for people to steal others koodo offers..... I would do as others have said and ask an administrator or better yet call koodo and tell them your problem. 

@choding wrote:

Nobody steals your promotion code.

Can you try that you send a text 'offer' to 5130 or 5129?

get new promotion code and try again.

you should change your webrowser.

chrome or edge.

I ported my number at walmart.

No issues

The promo code is universal.  People steal the eligible number.

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nobody steals your promotion code.

Can you try that you send a text 'offer' to 5130 or 5129?

get new promotion code and try again.

you should change your webrowser.

chrome or edge.

I ported my number at walmart.

No issues

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kzhou, when you say it days you are qualified for the offer, I take this to mean that you were sent the text message.  If not, you can text offer to 5130 and see if there's a response with the offer.  If not you don't qualify.  

I have a friend who was victim of promo hijacking.  5130 does return eligibility text.  The Koodo site says the promo code and phone number are a valid combination.  At the checkout step, a message pops up saying this one use offer had been claimed already.

super8989

Unless you received a direct text, your phone number won't work for the promo. If someone used your number, it will say a different error message. 

Invalid error message means your number is not part of the promo deal (not this time at least).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you get a sms giving you the offer? I am thinking not, because a stolen offer results in the promo code being applied then a message during checkout  saying  oops it can only be used once.

The invalid promo code implies you are not eligable.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kzhou wrote:

Hi,

I have a $40 12gb/90 day plan and I'm trying to take advantage of the Koodo promo. It says that the plan I currently have should be eligable for the promo, but when I try online to use my number with the promo code, it says it is invalid. It is possible someone else used my number for the promo? Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

Send a private message to moderator for help.

Wait time is about 48 hours. Please don't send multiple message because any new message will move you to the end of the wait queue.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.