cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo offer

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

FYI, for those thinking about going to Koodo, just got this offer by email.

It basically says:

Save $15/months for a year on any $30 or more monthly plan.

They are also crediting any money that was left in the PM account.

Capture d’écran 2018-03-28 à 17.11.35.png

Fine prints:

(1) Seul le destinataire de ce courriel est admissible à cette offre. Un crédit de 15 $/mois sera porté à votre facture mensuelle pendant 12 mois. Ce crédit sera appliqué seulement si vous gardez le même numéro de téléphone lors de la transition à un forfait postpayé de 30 $ et plus. Votre première facture comportera des frais partiels établis au prorata à partir du tarif régulier. Le premier crédit de 15 $ paraîtra sur la première facture à couvrir un mois complet de service, puis pour les mois qui suivent par la suite jusqu'à concurrence de 12 mois. Les crédits de facturation ne peuvent être combinés à aucun autre rabais de facturation mensuelle. (2) Seul le solde de votre compte prépayé sera transféré. Aucun crédit ne sera appliqué pour la valeur du forfait de base ou de tout à‑côté qui reste. (3) Deux pièces d'identité sont requises pour la vérification de crédit. Offre assujettie à une approbation de crédit. Jusqu'à épuisement des stocks.

15 REPLIES 15

Yeah... Well again, just so people know what's available out there and are able to make informed decisions 😉

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

$15 rebate for 12 months on horrible plans like $45 for talk/text.... Yahooo (sarcastic)

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Someone_herewrote:

I am sure you are right, but still the fine prints of this particular offer don't mention that it can't be used with other offers.

However this won't change anything, since as I said, both are targeted offers that were sent to different people, I haven't received both, so I can't "try" to apply for both anyways.

Both uses a promo code, you can only enter one promo code at a time. So there's no need to try. 

@Kaiyowrote: 

@Someone_here You can only enter one promotion code at a time, so you can't apply both promos.

I am sure you are right, but still the fine prints of this particular offer don't mention that it can't be used with other offers.

However this won't change anything, since as I said, both are targeted offers that were sent to different people, I haven't received both, so I can't "try" to apply for both anyways.

Kaiyo

@wetcoasterwrote:

@Kaiyowrote:

@will13amwrote:

Please don't spread misinformation.  There's no further credit provided for anything.  The $100 bill credit is it.  For this, you have to leave everything behind.  

Weird, I was pretty sure I made a reply, but don't see it..

If you had possitive balance/funds in your account, Koodo would have credit your account if you asked before porting. 

@Someone_here You can only enter one promotion code at a time, so you can't apply both promos.

While the available funds balance transfer had been clearly outlined in previous migration offers for legacy plans, I think it wasn't an option for this one (since I'm not on the Fall Promo I never got the text, though). I believe some people reported back with their frustration of having lost their balance when porting, but I don't have the time to search for those posts, which are likely buried in that 145+ page thread from late February.

If you got your balance transfered during this Fall Promo migration you are probably one of the few lucky ones.

You will never be reimbursed for any unused / remaining time/data on your current payment cycle if you port out before your 30 or 90days are up.

Yes that's correct, neither does this promo. 

@Kaiyowrote:

@will13amwrote:

Please don't spread misinformation.  There's no further credit provided for anything.  The $100 bill credit is it.  For this, you have to leave everything behind.  

If you had possitive balance/funds in your account, Koodo would have credit your account if you asked before porting. 

While the available funds balance transfer had been clearly outlined in previous migration offers for legacy plans, I think it wasn't an option for this one (since I'm not on the Fall Promo I never got the text, though). I believe some people reported back with their frustration of having lost their balance when porting, but I don't have the time to search for those posts, which are likely buried in that 145+ page thread from late February.

If you got your balance transfered during this Fall Promo migration you are probably one of the few lucky ones.

You will never be reimbursed for any unused / remaining time/data on your current payment cycle if you port out before your 30 or 90days are up.

Kaiyo

@will13amwrote:

It doesn't say that offer can't be combined in this one, but both offers says they only apply to the phone number/client it was sent to... 

In any case, I am not switching 😉

@Kaiyowrote:

@will13amwrote:

@Someone_herewrote:

It basically says:

Fine prints:

(1) Seul le destinataire de ce courriel est admissible à cette offre. Un crédit de 15 $/mois sera porté à votre facture mensuelle pendant 12 mois. Ce crédit sera appliqué seulement si vous gardez le même numéro de téléphone lors de la transition à un forfait postpayé de 30 $ et plus. Votre première facture comportera des frais partiels établis au prorata à partir du tarif régulier. Le premier crédit de 15 $ paraîtra sur la première facture à couvrir un mois complet de service, puis pour les mois qui suivent par la suite jusqu'à concurrence de 12 mois. Les crédits de facturation ne peuvent être combinés à aucun autre rabais de facturation mensuelle. (2) Seul le solde de votre compte prépayé sera transféré. Aucun crédit ne sera appliqué pour la valeur du forfait de base ou de tout à‑côté qui reste. (3) Deux pièces d'identité sont requises pour la vérification de crédit. Offre assujettie à une approbation de crédit. Jusqu'à épuisement des stocks.

There may be caveats about not combined with other offers.  The migration offer was clear about no fund transfers.  No way Koodo is going to give another $15 off of a $40 6GB plan.

You won't be able to stack 2 promo codes. The $40/6gb is a better deal. Considering how much reg price plans go for. 

Edit: the $40/6gb promo also credit any balance you may have. 

Edit 2: Just the clarify, having remaining time in the 90 days is not a credit. Credit would be possitive balance you currently have in your account. eg. you loaded $200 to pay for $120 for the next 90 days and you have $80 credit remaining. 

At least for online ordering from Koodo Webstore, they do not allow you to use more than one promotional code for an order.  In the case of the special plans that were offered to Public Mobile customers, those plans required a promo code.  This would mean that there would be no way to get a good plan but also get the $15/month off (at least not online).

Kaiyo

@will13amwrote:

@Someone_herewrote:

It basically says:

Fine prints:

There may be caveats about not combined with other offers.  The migration offer was clear about no fund transfers.  No way Koodo is going to give another $15 off of a $40 6GB plan.

You won't be able to stack 2 promo codes. The $40/6gb is a better deal. Considering how much reg price plans go for. 

Edit: the $40/6gb promo also credit any balance you may have. 

Edit 2: Just the clarify, having remaining time in the 90 days is not a credit. Credit would be possitive balance you currently have in your account. eg. you loaded $200 to pay for $120 for the next 90 days and you have $80 credit remaining. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Someone_herewrote:

It basically says:

Fine prints:

Yes I am in Quebec, not on the $40 plan... Not sure how this one was targeted...

Anyway it shows they are also trying to get other clients to change from PM to Koodo...

echf

@Someone_herewrote:

Just tried to activate it online for fun, the promo code works, but they then ask for my mobile number; entering a false one doesn't work, so I guess the promo is actually only for those who received it!

Ontario here! Didn't receive any email.

Are you in Quebec? 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Just tried to activate it online for fun, the promo code works, but they then ask for my mobile number; entering a false one doesn't work, so I guess the promo is actually only for those who received it!

Need Help? Let's chat.