cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Promo

annamay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a text from Public Mobile offering me a deal if I switched to Koodo. I'm not interested in switching at the moment but I have a family member that could really use a new phone and this would be a great deal for them. Could they redeem this offer without my Public Mobile plan being cancelled?

21 REPLIES 21

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c I dont think that the carriers really got that impacted due to covid. people still kept their plans, subscriptions seemed to have increase for most of the companies actually.

If you are talking about their stock performance then yes they did get hit at the beginning of covid but now they are pretty much at precovid levels or all time highs. 

All the carriers had very poor results due to covid hence offers being made quite aggressively

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I find myself using data just because I can sometimes... But also the $30 2gb isn't available anymore so sticking with it... But if you're on one of the seemingly standard plans like the 25 it seems fitting if someone wants to go down to the 15 but add minutes. 

I've actually been using more minutes talking with my mom than data not in WiFi zones lol which is basically in the car doing a grocery pickup

Crazy world we live in right now ! Being Chronically ill, the "jail" is nothing new for me 90% of the time, but being nervous to do errands is. Before they were just exhausting and annoying. I miss that. Lol. Too immune compromised for my part time work but not exactly missing that part 😂 it got so nerve wracking before I left. Safer to wait till this is all over. My work has lousy WiFi though, data comes in handy there

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah, right now is not the time to be promoting "extra" gigs of data. Heck, last month I used less than half a gig because there is literally nothing to do/nowhere to go while the government has us all in "jail/prison". The advantage of PM is you can scale your plan down on a whim, and then bring it back up if we ever are allowed to have freedom again.

Pawprints1986

Meanwhile, koodo has a "promotion" for $35 for 1gb with unlimited talk and text. They reduce that to 25 and they'd have some serious competition going on lol. 35 was what "loyalty" wanted to offer me after my add-on dropped and they refused to reinstate it, after 8 years

All the "deals" now are on the device itself, or bonus gigs per month. But never a truly reduced, worth switching back "little guys" plan... I like to keep an eye out here and there and they're all like "here still give us 60 per month but have extra gigs, gigs for all!" Which is especially stupid to promote when many are at home or not going anywhere extra imo

@jayphone wrote:

Okay I am confused about this..  I got a message too about the Koodo winter sale and 'gift yourself a new phone'.  I figured because Public doesn't offer new phones directly it was some kind of partnership.  But really it just seems like completely promoting Koodo..... why would Public do this?!  And also, yes -  I can just go and google the Koodo winter sale on my own without and connection to Public, so I don't think it's any advantage to be a Public customer?  

Whhhhyyyyyy is this happening??

Honestly just made me look up better deals out there and consider switching to another provider.  Marketing ploy gone wrong?

Public Mobile and Koodo Mobile are both brands owned by Telus Communications. Telus wants customers to be on a brand that is more likely to earn additional revenues from customers.

jayphone

Okay I am confused about this..  I got a message too about the Koodo winter sale and 'gift yourself a new phone'.  I figured because Public doesn't offer new phones directly it was some kind of partnership.  But really it just seems like completely promoting Koodo..... why would Public do this?!  And also, yes -  I can just go and google the Koodo winter sale on my own without and connection to Public, so I don't think it's any advantage to be a Public customer?  

Whhhhyyyyyy is this happening??

Honestly just made me look up better deals out there and consider switching to another provider.  Marketing ploy gone wrong?

Pawprints1986

I would only go back if I could keep the exact same plan and  price as here per month... And that's probably never gonna happen

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Annamay,

I hope you are having a very beautiful day.

I am contacting you for a short follow up.

Have you read my message?

Is everything clear for you?

Do you still need our help?

I am really sorry for the inconvenience but for quality purposes, the system will close this conversation if we don't get any answer from your part in the next 24 hours since our last interaction. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us back, as we will be glad to help you out anytime needed.

Kind regards,

Ana

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello annamay,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

Would you please be more specific about the offer you received?

Was it about opening a new account with Koodo and giving up to the Public account for this?

I am waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Ana

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I never get these targeted promos. Look over here Koodo. I'm ready to switch.

@Jb456 Not everything gets announced.  I suspect that if an annoucement were made, there could be some negativity expressed by customers.

@sinoy

Starting today and for a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the 1GB data add-on for $15. I don't know if that helps you, but it might depending on your usage.

@sinoy , with Public Mobile, what your see is what you get in terms of plans.  They don't bargain with individual customers.  If this service is not right for you, you need to shop.  What plan are your on right now?

sinoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking to move to a different carrier as I am running out of my data mostly every month and the speed 3G . I need a better offer . Thanks 

annamay

@Jb456 wrote:

No they can't but if they go to koodos website there are all kinds of deals for different tab sizes.

Due take note though that if your family member does take a koodo tab for a $0 phone or a reduced price that they will be required to stay with Koodo for 24 months.

If they do decide to leave before 24 months they will be required to pay REMAINING TAB BALANCE PLUS REMAINING PHONE CREDITS . OWED ON THE PHONE.

Seems like a pretty good deal. I'll check out the plans to if any would be good for them.

Stay Safe!

annamay

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@annamay wrote:

Got a text from Public Mobile offering me a deal if I switched to Koodo. I'm not interested in switching at the moment but I have a family member that could really use a new phone and this would be a great deal for them. Could they redeem this offer without my Public Mobile plan being cancelled?

No this is a targeted promotional offer assigned to your number or who ever else got it and requires you to leave PM to be able to take advantage of it

That's too bad.. Smiley Sad Thanks for the clarification.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@annamay wrote:

No this is a targeted promotional offer assigned to your number or who ever else got it and requires you to leave PM to be able to take advantage of it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Daps

Is there a clickable link that comes with the text?

You can find out more about the offer that way.

Need Help? Let's chat.