cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Prepaid number won't port

krme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I've signed up with PM but have been unsuccessful in porting my number from Koodo Prepaid over to Public Mobile. 
I'd created a support request on Nov 14th (#4015-3911), and it said to expect a response within 48 hours - I haven't heard anything back yet.

I've also direct messaged a few Moderators, as this seems to be how others have resolved this.

When attempting to "Check Eligibility", I see the error below: 

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

I have missed calls because of this. Not a great first impression, seriously.

If there's anything I can do to speed this along, please let me know.

Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yessssss

Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@fch@smp99

All ports have completed, please reboot phones. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank You Shazia_K.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Same situation - Koodo prepaid port here PM sent last week

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @fch

I'm really sorry for the long wait! 

I am currently working on your request, please allow me a short time, I will reply to your private message once things are good to go 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm sure if @Shazia_K has time, she'll fix you up today. 8 days is definitely too long.

fch

Another day of waiting to be ported over - Day #8

fch
Just sent another private message to Shazia_K. Hopefully she can port the number today.

Rockdaddy22
I would send a new private message to @Shazia_K She's extremely busy, so hopefully she has time to get to it today. Keep us updated.
Include these details in the message
Account number
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Full name

fch
Do I need to submit additional ticket via email or private message? I have done both on Nov 17 but nothing since then...

fch
Nov 17. Today is one week.

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully we can get it solved today, how long have you been waiting?

fch
I have still not received any help or have been contacted by Mod's. Hopefully tomorrow they will be able to help me.

Rockdaddy22
Perfect

krme

I'd just recieved a PM about 15 minutes ago - just before you'd posted 🙂

Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Did you guys get any help today?

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K or @Mary_M IF one of you have time could you please look into the couple cases. They've waited too long.

Hopefully one of them has time to help you guys today. Have your info ready incase one of them asks for it.
Old account number and please make sure it's correct.
Phone number you want to port
Sim number
Full name

I know you've probably sent them before, but if they ask, just send them again.

I'm going to bed now, good luck everybody.

fch
I am in the identical situation. Porting from Koodo Prepaid does not work as backend system is identical. Today is my sixth day waiting for response from Mod's. Hopefully our porting is done soon.

krme

Agreed - We are up to 9 days now without any sort of contact.

lawbstar

I have the same problem and have been waiting since Monday November 14. This is really frustrating.

krme
I'm using the new public mobile SIM, but swapping back to the "old" Koodo SIM let's me use the old # still
.. As there is still minutes on there.

riversday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Were you able to use your old Koodo sim card? I ported over from Koodo prepaid as well and I had to ask one of the mods to fix it because I got the exact same errors. I hope you get your issue resolved soon, and that it's worth the wait! I really enjoy PM

Lag333

Unfortunately it may take a while. I've seen people wait a week for port help. That old 48 hour note is during normal times which is definitely not right now. It's the reason why I haven't ported yet. They'll eventually get to you, they're trying the best with the limited amount of staff they have. 

Need Help? Let's chat.