cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo 5 gig Offer

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just got the text message from Koodo.  I was offered the 5 gig plan.  Did anyone else get it? I have until Sept. 16th to decide.

36 REPLIES 36

Acekiller

good to know they can at least transfer the credit balance.  That would make it much more easier to change!

Michael77
@Grampa,

It sounds like the move to Koodo went well. Sorry to see you go but happy you're enjoying your new service. Please keep us updated. Take care.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I switched to the Koodo 5gb $50 plan and it qualifies for a medium tab, not large. You save almost nothing on the S8. I took the G6 and saved almost $400. I wanted the G6 anyway as I felt my V20 was a bit too big and S8 is over priced with back button in silly off centre location

Koodo bills by calendar month, so for last week of August I get 5 GB but first 10 days is actually unlimited to let customers get feel for their data usage and switch plan if needed. PM will transfer credit balance you may happen to have to Kudoo but not any prepaid service credit.

Port to Kudoo took minutes, much better experience than my port from FM to PM which took hours of my time, but was worth the effort to get off the lousy FM network.

czz22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It looks like a good deal, I need a new phone, and could get a Galaxy S8 for $700 (200 now, the rest over 2 years) for the price of a One Plus 5.  However, this is why I'm not going for it...  the offer appeared a few days after I paid my 3 month bill.  It expires in mid-September, whereby I'd be throwing away $80 I've paid for 2 months.   I checked with public mobile and the money is gone.  If they offer me the plan where I can cancel near the end of my billing cycle, I'd probably take it.  Unless I've already bought a One Plus 5, then I'm staying with Public Mobile at least another 3 years.

Michael77
@denkom,

Makes sense. 🙂

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Michael77 hmm that’s not as attractive of an offer for me. I’m going to keep holding out and hoping for a PM promo lol 😛

jitt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Steps on how to do that?

technically, anyone can get the Koodo offer. Just requires some time, and a few hoops you have to jump through. But koodo hasnt closed that loophole yet. Compared to PM, I believe that Koodo QC deals are the best deals out there

RLBL

If one lives in the Ottawa-Hull-Gatineau area, Videotron has the best deal going around.

$50/6GB nationwide (signup with 2 people are you get a $10 discount). Koodo and Virgin are matching it for Qc customers, but Videotron serves customers outside of Qc (go Figure), and they partner with Rogers for nationwide without partner roaming (like what what FM does)

For my wife and I, PM is currently a better deal as the extra data and nation wide calling does not benefit us. If ever our Promo plans do not get granfathered (or the price increases)...

voucherking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Koodo > PM mobile

Grampa
Koodo $50 for 5gb is $10 per gb just like PM promo of $40 per month for 4 gb. So it's a good deal of you need or want the extra gb per month and you can also save $394 on an LG G6 for example with a small or medium tab, which is a savings of $16.42 per month over 24 months. Advantage Koodo. For me anyway.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why great news!  Actually at that actual cost, you're looking at $35.49 per calendar month with your current plan, for a price difference of $14.51 per month vs. the Koodo plan.  So you could treat yourself to nearly a full 400 mins of long distance if you need it.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @srlawren and @xCameron94x I think I will stayed with PM, I am paying PM $105 for 90 days can't beat it for that price Cat Happy 12 GB LTE for 90 days 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why do you need more than approx 266 mins of nationwide (outside province) calling or that extra gig of data?  If so, then it might indeed be worth the sacrifice.  If you're not usually tight on your data and you are only a casual domestic long distance user, you're probably better off staying.  That extra $10 would buy you 2/3 of the $15/400 min long distance mins add on, so that's kind of your break even point, forgetting autopay discount and any referral or community rewards you may be getting currently.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Yes, when you port out you will lose your account, plan, rewards and any balance you had on your account

Wonder_why

I have the same offer, I am hesitating to moved or not, just renew my Promo fall offer till November 2017, will I lose my PM Adds On and the remaining PM unused like 80 days left with PM.

canucks4life

Just got it as well looks like they're using PM voucher locator for closest Koodo store lol

Quite obvious PM/Koodo/Telus is still in damage control mode trying to reduce Freedom promo churn.

Michael77
I think $50 is too expensive compared to our promotional plans. If Koodo offered 4 gigs/Canada wide calling for $40 or 5 gigs/Canada wide calling for $43 or $45, then that would make it more attractive. 🙂

Michael77
@denkom,

I heard they will be making offers to people who have a PM $40/2 gig plan. The Koodo offer will be a $50/3 gig plan.

jchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got this offer today. 

Think I'll stay with PM. Still cheaper.

denkom

@Michael77 I guess they are probably targeting everyone on the 4gb promo...which means I likely won't get the offer lol. 

torontokris

And $1 more than QC promo plan that has 6GB ($49)

However if you dont live in those provinces you may not be eligible for those plans (according to Koodo website).

In Ontario getting 5GB LTE & unlimited Canada Wide talk/text for $50 is actually a "deal"

Had it not been for the PM promo plan a lot of people would be jumping at the $50 plan.

torontokris

Correct the Koodo plan is unlimited Canada Wide. I believe at one time Koodo advertised that plans were Canada wide long distance/roaming... however recently they have come up "local minutes" plans etc.

torontokris

I got the offer as well.. however right after I just signed up/pre-paid for 3 more months! If I switch I may loose my 2-3 months of pre-payment.

Koodo adds Canada Wide long distance/roaming

Stores

Customer Service

Tab / potential to get a phone reduced even down to $0 for some phones.

Koodo has referal credits but they are $25-$50 (one time).. to a max of $300/year.

If you need the extra GB for an extra $10-$12 a month, or a phone on TAB, or frequently need Canada long distance/roaming go for it. If you need some/limited USA long distance I found PM (LD add on that roles over till used) was cheaper then Koodo  (unless you call USA a lot then add Koodo unlimited $10).

I myself am happy with PM.

Michael77

It's $2 more per month than the Saskatchewan/Manitoba plans.

@Acekiller wrote:

it is a tempting offer if you need the 5gig

Remember its $10 a more month. You get store support, and nationwide calling too, and that all imporant one extra GB. Koodo data is also shock free

Also some math:

So you're basically getting (over 90 days) 3GB for $30.

A PM Add on is $30 for 1GB

MEU_21

I think this is a good plan for those that are:

1. Not on the fall promo OR

2. Those close to the provincial boundaries

3. Whoever need an extra 1GB of data

4. Want more countries to call to long distance (assuming you don't have hangouts/magic jack/skype, etc)

5. Want to be able to roam internationally

If I read the "Nitty Gritty" correctly and if it also applies to this Koodo offer, you don't need a Canada roaming add-on / option and all calls in Canada are free. Too bad they don't show their rate plans for anything. I find the Koodo's psychodelic site disturbing and annoying.

Quote:

CalvinW
Still waiting for the text

EltonB
I just got same offer! Weird! I have 240$ credit on my account (I mean money i put myself there).
Need Help? Let's chat.