cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KUDOS to a number of MODS who patiently helped me with what was a dud phone

SuzieQ1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In late March, I acquired a refurbished / unlocked phone from an online retailer. Public Mobile SIM card arrived soon after the phone. Just put the card into card slot, input the network parameters and bing bang bong - connection - right? WRONG.

Over a 3 week period we tried everything - even ordered a new SIM card in case the original was the problem.

.Finally told the retailer - this phone is a dud - I want it replaced please. To their credit, they did not baulk. Once the return was received, the replacement was mailed.

They had also been good enough to port over the network settings etc. to the replacement.

Inserted the SIM Card - hit registration and Bingo - I was connected. Thanks for the patience team. Much appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SuzieQ1 

Welcome to Public Mobile, great  Success story.!!!!!!!!!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SuzieQ1 , thanks for the good news story.  Always good to see positive feedback.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SuzieQ1 wrote:

In late March, I acquired a refurbished / unlocked phone from an online retailer. Public Mobile SIM card arrived soon after the phone. Just put the card into card slot, input the network parameters and bing bang bong - connection - right? WRONG.

Over a 3 week period we tried everything - even ordered a new SIM card in case the original was the problem.

.Finally told the retailer - this phone is a dud - I want it replaced please. To their credit, they did not baulk. Once the return was received, the replacement was mailed.

They had also been good enough to port over the network settings etc. to the replacement.

Inserted the SIM Card - hit registration and Bingo - I was connected. Thanks for the patience team. Much appreciated

@SuzieQ1   As you found out the start might be a little bumpy but once you get going with Public Mobile it usually is a smooth ride after that. 🙂

👍 @CS_Agent 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@SuzieQ1 Glad to hear that your issue was solved! Welcome to PM and our community! Stay safe and enjoy the savings!😉

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SuzieQ1 wrote:

@SuzieQ1   Sounds like patience from you and the moderators paid off.  Good to hear and welcome to PM 😊

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@SuzieQ1 the mods here are great what would we do without them?😁

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations  @SuzieQ1! Welcome to the Public Mobile Community. 

See people, look at @SuzieQ1, she didn't complain or made sarcastic remarks about PM, she took it in stride, and was rewarded with her patience!  

Need Help? Let's chat.