cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just to confirm one of my friend just switch from freedom to public was super quick

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
My friend who switch fm to pm took 1 hour all together including porting and everything. I think as much information you can provides wheb porting do help the process he add
Account number
Pin code
Even device imei 🙂
Match exact names on account and he just called me to confirm. Process was smooth like a cheese cake.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
10 REPLIES 10

I agree with @Luddite to keep it simple to avoid any typos. 

I don't think Imei is really required, specially if it's your own cell phone. 

I agree with @Luddite. I ported over from Koodo, where porting issues are known from the beggining because of the whole "telus/same e-mail" situation. When i ported, I only used my Account#, Name on the account and the # to port over. I find that the less unrelevant information the better (IMEI, PIN, ect)

Agreed if all information available why not provide as much details as possible.
I also activated my cousin line few week back took 25 mins all together we put all field in porting section. Was super smooth.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Luddite wrote:

As you know we do recommend using just account number to reduce chance of inputting an error. No problem though if data entry is accurate.

I tend to agree especially given that the instructions say one of three bold items required.  After watching my friend fail twice in as many days using account number, I am thinking maybe pushing the luck with additonal information may not hurt.  The activation portal is so unpredictable, it defies conventional wisdom. 

I will keep you guys posted. Maybe Friday I have to activate a sim for my sister will update the process timeframe.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think th imie might be an issue especially if it isn't the phone on file.  IE with my bell accunt the phone they had on record was the one they sold me, but i was using a phone i bought elseware so teh IMIE numbers woudl not match.

I still think Account number only is best.

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I agree, more info we provide, better it is. Esp the pin

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

As you know we do recommend using just account number to reduce chance of inputting an error. No problem though if data entry is accurate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Samianauman wrote:
My friend who switch fm to pm took 1 hour all together including porting and everything. I think as much information you can provides wheb porting do help the process he add
Account number
Pin code
Even device imei 🙂
Match exact names on account and he just called me to confirm. Process was smooth like a cheese cake.

Good news!  I helped a friend do two activations with Freedom porting and two total failures.  We were unlucky with the portal being super slow yesterday afternoon.  No lie, it took over an hour to activate one account and with failure at the end.  We ran out of time, did the second account today.  At least the disappointment was swift, same failure though.  The cries for help are in the hands of the moderator team. 

DmcDohko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great to hear that!

I recently helped a friend switch to PM as well and his number porting process was also pretty quick and smooth sailing!

Need Help? Let's chat.