cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ported over from Fido, disappointed with PM lte speeds

Blueskyzz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a samsung galaxy note 5.  On Fido, I was consistently getting around 40 Mbps download, 25 Mbps upload.

Now on PM, download speeds vary from 1 Mpbs to 20 Mpbs.  Upload speeds are consistently bad, around 0.5 to 1.5 Mbps.

Any ideas as to whats going on?

9 REPLIES 9

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 I haven't seen any evidence of any kind of "clique" type behaviour in the bit I've read thus far... This place is primarily a support forum so it's mostly just folks trying to be helpful.  A lack of bravos on a particular post could simply indicate that people forgot to bravo it when they read it, or didn't see that post, or any number of other reasons.

@WearySky thanks for the link to the Cell tower map. 

I am new here but have ready a lot and am surprised I was the first Bravo on a very useful post.  I have seen many Bravos on posts that are just a repost of someone else.  I hope this community isn't controlled by "groups" I have been on many forums and it does take away from the value of material posted.

Now probably not the best first post ever but just an observation on my short time here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

WearySky

@Blueskyzz I'm in the same boat.  My house just happens to be right smack in the middle of 3 different Bell LTE towers, and it's equally crappy reception to all three of them.  And it then just cycles constantly between the three of them.  I still get a bar or two of reception (as long as I don't go in the basement), so it's mostly fine, but I do wonder if it'll affect my battery life, constantly cycling between towers like that.

Oakville Bermuda Triangle

Blueskyzz

Looks like my house is in a very poor reception area.  

Everywhere else speeds have been great.

WearySky

Have you checked out the Cell Tower Map to see what your local cell tower situation looks like?  I don't know where you are in Surrey, but a quick look shows a couple areas that seem to have more sparse Telus towers and more Rogers towers.

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think most of us here are from RFD 😄

fboybcb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
You might have to try a different device. Nice to see you again from RFD.

Blueskyzz

On average, I have 3 bars.  It switches between LTE and LTE+ on occasion.  Usually on LTE

I'm in Surrey, BC

imtiax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, sometimes it takes some time for it to fully kick in. When I ported in I didn't have LTE or good speeds until a couple hours after. Give it a few hours.

Also can you tell us how many bars and what your getting? 

Also what city are you in?

Need Help? Let's chat.