cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just need clarification

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So I just wanted to clarify as to what is the correct link when either contacting/suggesting to contact the moderators.  Is it @CS_Agent  or Moderator_Team.  I thought @srlawren had suggested that the first option doesn't necessarily go to the moderators and to leave off the @ but I'm still seeing posts with that suggestion.   Maybe I misunderstood him so would appreciate some clarification.  Also when typing just Moderator_Team I notice it doesn't display as a hyperlink (if that is the correct word here?). 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@geopublicand @Anonymous  thanks for the response...so still a little confused here, because I see if I click on mine or @geopublic link of @CS_Agent  it does indeed go to the profile, however, clicking on the link as suggested by @Anonymous  takes me to private message for the moderators.  Okay what I'm trying to ask is why one goes to profile and the other goes to private message (which is what I would want) when both SEEM to be the same.  What am I missing..sorry if this is something obvious that I'm just completely not getting right now.

You need to look at the url text. One says profile and the other says compose.

My Firefox on W10 by default (I didn't change it) will show the url in the bottom left when I hover over a link. Or whatever other method available to you to see the full text of the url.

I guess this is why some might say it's confusing :). Indeed either way it gets to the moderator somehow. An extra step to go to the profile or directly to their address in pm.

Edit: I prefer to add the link text rather than the long drawn out url text. It looks cluttered to see the whole thing. But that's just me.

Yes I see the url text when hovering over the link, have to admit I hadn't really paid attention to it before although I was kind of aware that it pops up.  Also agree that the drawn out text looks more cluttered and prefer the link too.  Main thing is so long as it gets to the moderators it's all good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@geopublicand @Anonymous  thanks for the response...so still a little confused here, because I see if I click on mine or @geopublic link of @CS_Agent  it does indeed go to the profile, however, clicking on the link as suggested by @Anonymous  takes me to private message for the moderators.  Okay what I'm trying to ask is why one goes to profile and the other goes to private message (which is what I would want) when both SEEM to be the same.  What am I missing..sorry if this is something obvious that I'm just completely not getting right now.

You need to look at the url text. One says profile and the other says compose.

My Firefox on W10 by default (I didn't change it) will show the url in the bottom left when I hover over a link. Or whatever other method available to you to see the full text of the url.

I guess this is why some might say it's confusing :). Indeed either way it gets to the moderator somehow. An extra step to go to the profile or directly to their address in pm.

Edit: I prefer to add the link text rather than the long drawn out url text. It looks cluttered to see the whole thing. But that's just me.

@steff12321 wrote:

Yeah one person just typed the @ and clicked the dropdown to select the user, while the other typed it, did not select the user, and added the link manually.

The best option would be to follow the user profile and then click on the Private Message button so you don't end up sending it to the wrong user (ie, not moderators). 

In either case, both link to the correct user. 

Okay so long as it goes to the correct user either way it's not a problem. 

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah one person just typed the @ and clicked the dropdown to select the user, while the other typed it, did not select the user, and added the link manually.

The best option would be to follow the user profile and then click on the Private Message button so you don't end up sending it to the wrong user (ie, not moderators). 

In either case, both link to the correct user. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr I think it's how the various people create the link.  @simply typing the @name tags the person and links to their profile, but you can also do @space  name or something similar and then add a link manually. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

So I just wanted to clarify as to what is the correct link when either contacting/suggesting to contact the moderators.  Is it @CS_Agent  or Moderator_Team.  I thought @srlawren had suggested that the first option doesn't necessarily go to the moderators and to leave off the @ but I'm still seeing posts with that suggestion.   Maybe I misunderstood him so would appreciate some clarification.  Also when typing just Moderator_Team I notice it doesn't display as a hyperlink (if that is the correct word here?). 

Thanks.

1. @CS_Agent: Opens the profile. Once opened you can send them a private message by selecting the "Send a private message" black box on the right.
  2. Moderator_Team: Use this when you select the envelope as the To: field.
  3. URL Link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Thanks.

Your first one just links to the username profile. The second one doesn't do anything. The other method is tagging them with the @ sign in front the username like you did with srlawren. Although they go to the same place. That will give a notification of being mentioned.

I kinda like this one: @Moderator_Team. Some might say that is confusing. Also that it might unnecessarily notify them. I have found the latter to not be true. It will only notify if a pm is sent. But it won't notify as a mention.

At least that's how I see it.

Need Help? Let's chat.