cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined today

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just joined today and would like to share my experience.  I went to Walmart to get a sim card and was told I should join Lucky mobile instead of Public because there are no live agents and I will have too much trouble with Public.  I then went to a Mobility outlet and was told the same thing...I was starting to worry but got the sim anyway...in fact I got two.  One for me and one for my son.  I had to set up two accounts (couldn't put both phones on one account).  The process was simple.  I did have one little hitch.  I made an error on page one and when I tried to go back it would not allow me to correct the small error (wrong digit in phone number)...it keep telling me the sim number was invalid.  I got out of the site, went in again, and started from scratch....never had a problem.  I ported phone numbers from Rogers with no problem at all.  By the time I finished setting up the account and put the sim card in the phone I was receiving a text from PM telling me I was all set and ready to go and another from Rogers telling me my phone number was moved to another carrier.  The second phone that I ported (LG) took a little longer...maybe five minutes...just enough for me to worry.  I could make outgoing calls immediately, but couldn't get incoming calls until I received the welcome text from PM, which as I said took about 5 minutes.  I was so nervous about switching, anticipating lots of problems, but was very happy with the outcome.

18 REPLIES 18

martinjacob01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are at the right place. Welcome to PM

Stevemic16

Had the same from Rogers. Called me 10 times in the last couple days after I  told them I’ll think about taking the offer. I don’t need the extra data and love saving money with all the rewards with pm! Porting number was easy and community help is really great

Joelkim

Welcome!

My friend received a call and an email from Rogers after switching to PM XD

Rogers wanted him to come back to Rogers with the offer of 15GB for $50. But he refused coz of the bad service 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

I prefer to think of it as a voyage. Robot wink

Anything less than "a 3 hour voyage" is good news.

dating myself again.....

@AE_Collector  LOL, guess I'm dating myself too, cuz I got that one! 😉 

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was told by Superstore Mobile that I should join Lucky.  I stuck with Public as my daughter was happy with it and I thought I'd take the chance.  I did have trouble porting my number from Speakout, but that was mainly because I was travelling and I had given my home phone no. as a contact no.  When I returned home, I had a "live" message from a mod who was trying to help and eventually did.  I've had flawless service ever since for 6 months.  Even earned some Community Rewards as well, so I'm happy I stuck with Public. You have made an excellent choice.

@Luddite wrote:

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

Anything less than "a 3 hour voyage" is good news.

dating myself again.....

AE_Collector

Hawkeyerffr

Welcome and enjoy , never had any issues at all , just saving money and enjoy any issues are always addresed in hear in a timely manner

You are welcome @gail709 . Thanks for posting your journey. It was appreciated and refreshing.

gail709

Thanks for the great advice.  Did it all.  Had all my research done before I joined.

sweden06

@CannonFodder wrote:

As for the part in bold, although I've said this a couple of times already, I'll say it again..... although there definitely are some issues around here, and the part about "no live agents" is sort of true, if you have an issue with your PM service, in all likelihood, you'll get a much quicker response to your issue(s) around here, than you would from one of the other providers that leave you sitting on the line listening to elevator music, while waiting for "the next available representative".

If your problem doesn't get fixed by the advice you receive in the forums, folks here will tell you to contact the Moderator team(you can always go straight to the Mods, if you don't want to yap on the forums), and from what I've read about so far, the problem will usually be resolved.

While those of us that hang around on the forums aren't "agents", we're definitely all live, as are the Moderators, so "no live agents" is a bit of misinformation.... they should've said, "no support phone # to call".

I can wholeheartedly agree with that. I used to be a Lucky Mobile customer and found that their representatives are not really knowledgeable, create a ticket and promise the problem will be solved (spoiler: it usually is not resevoled). 

That was one of the reasons I decided to switch over to PM. The community here is much quicker and usually problems are resolved in a timely fashion, even when you have to contact a Mod.

Welcome to PM!

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome to PM! 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome new customers to Public Mobile.  The doom and gloom expressed in the community forum is not representative of the service.  Generally the service is straightforward to start up and maintain.

jsmarjara

Hi,

I also want to share my experience. I went to Walmart last year they say  same thing and say they are out of sim. I got Lucky mobile that time. This year I went to 2 Walmart stores .  One say and the other one says out of sim ( as last year) . Then I got sim from The Mobile Shop ( Zehers) . I got sim and activated by my self . No issues . I think PM has to check with Walmart  why they are supporting others .... may be getting good commission. Anyways I don't think there should be issues. Welcome to PM family and start saving

@XionBunny wrote:

Welcome to the jungle 😛

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@gail709 wrote:

I just joined today and would like to share my experience.  I went to Walmart to get a sim card and was told I should join Lucky mobile instead of Public because there are no live agents and I will have too much trouble with Public.  I then went to a Mobility outlet and was told the same thing...I was starting to worry but got the sim anyway...in fact I got two.  One for me and one for my son.

@gail709  Glad you got it worked out!

As for the part in bold, although I've said this a couple of times already, I'll say it again..... although there definitely are some issues around here, and the part about "no live agents" is sort of true, if you have an issue with your PM service, in all likelihood, you'll get a much quicker response to your issue(s) around here, than you would from one of the other providers that leave you sitting on the line listening to elevator music, while waiting for "the next available representative".

If your problem doesn't get fixed by the advice you receive in the forums, folks here will tell you to contact the Moderator team(you can always go straight to the Mods, if you don't want to yap on the forums), and from what I've read about so far, the problem will usually be resolved.

While those of us that hang around on the forums aren't "agents", we're definitely all live, as are the Moderators, so "no live agents" is a bit of misinformation.... they should've said, "no support phone # to call".

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to the jungle 😛

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@gail709 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂.

Since you created two accounts ..did you use the referral code from one account to refer the other??

The person referred gets $10 bonus and the refer gets $1 off per 30days.

If you did not log into your self serve account on the right hand side is the referral code.

Screenshot_20200122_075123.jpg

Contact the moderators via SIMon the chat bot Simon.JPG

Or by private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To have them manually apply the referral bonus.

Also don't forget to sign up for autopay for both accounts for a $2 reward per 30 days.

Again welcome and enjoy the savings!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gail709 great job.  My transition over was seamless too. Welcome to PM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.