cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined, not sure if Autopay worked...

inPicton
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Greeting!

Moving from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile. What a great Community you have here.

Initially, I have gone with the 30 day option.

Looking at "Transaction History," the invoice shows a balance at the bottom of the "Balance" column of $52.00. I confused as to whether that means the AutoPay went through okay, or that it hasn't kicked in as yet.

Available Funds: $2.00
Next AutoPay: Jan 6, 2017
Automatic Payment Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any available funds will be applied first.
AutoPay is active on this account

In another window "Next AutoPay: Jan 6, 2017"

I have yet to install the SIM card in my cellphone. I wanted to give PM time to create the account.

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Paul.

11 REPLIES 11

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Folks,

Transaction Hisotry is very helpful, from what I understand it is very simple, the balance column explains what is the outstanding balance after a credit or debit (sequential)

In this case, after $52 credit, the balance at this moment is $52, later the plan charges(debits) follow in sequence

Let me know if it is still not clear or if you have any more queries, I will be happy to explain

inPicton

I won't know for a few days if my cc was debited. It takes 3-ish days to show up on-line (BMO). Anyway, I did a one-timer for 60.00. At top-right is this:

Will attempt to port my existing cell number later tonight...

Regards, Paul.

KK
Transaction History make no sense to me to be honest. 😝 However, autopay doesn't take money for next payment until previous plan expires. So, as long as your credit card shows correct initial payment, relax and welcome to PM.

Divetus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know this may or may not help you but when autopay goes through, this is what the payment history usually looks like. My autopay day is December 3, 2016 - but everything gets charged a day later and first it balances, but then it deducts the balance to accomodate the plan you get. 

As rkreddyb4u had previously stated, the first time you pay should be an initial charge to your CC/debit, and then the remaining months are autopay (if you selected the autopay option). 

Autoplay

inPicton

Okay! So I need to do a manual payment.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Autopay doesnt exist for the first payment, it is a manual payment ... Autopay only works when you renew your plan. 

inPicton

Thank you very much for your assistance.

I took a new phone number. Tonight I'm going to attempt porting my cell number to PM.

inPicton

Date Transaction Type                                                                  Credit (Payments)           Balance

Dec 8, 2016    Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit      $52.00                   $52.00

<<<[1]      >>>

The above likely doesn't help much. It indicates a debit of 52.00 of my cc. If debit went through okay, I would expect a Zero balance. 

rkreddyb4u

congrats - the first time you activate it is a one time charge to your CC. As long as you see the credit record in transaction history, this mean charge to your cc is successful. Next time Autopay kicks on the next plan renewal date ie Jan 06.

Hope this helps

inPicton

I have activated the sim card.

Yes, I used Autopay for the initial payment.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

So you've activated the SIM, right?  You should be able to just insert your SIM and go.

Did you actually use the AutoPay to make the purchase?  I understood first payment could not be via AutoPay, but I'm not positive about that.

Need Help? Let's chat.