cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got going, now a friend says switch to Koodo!

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Okay you guys, I signed up with PM in late July and have really loved it. It fits me perfectly, but wouldn't you know that my phone started dropping calls and it appears that my antenna is broken and I will need to buy a new phone. It's ironic because I started a topic on how to go about getting a new phone on PM just after I signed up.

Now a friend who signed up with PM when I did has already switched over to Koodo because they have a new promotion for PM customers that offers $ off the plan and a phone tab. My husband received the offer via text, but I did not, so I haven't even seen it. 

Problem is I don't want to switch to Koodo. I really love PM.

Advice? Comments? Help!

19 REPLIES 19

@kav2001c wrote:

@ShawnC13

For me taxes are irrelevant but some provinces do charge more than others

I am just saying the discount is after tax and taxes can add up

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13

For me taxes are irrelevant but some provinces do charge more than others

@kav2001c wrote:

@ShawnC13

Oh cmon

We know its $40 less a $15 discount every month

Once discount drops off I bug retentions or else simply switch numbers back here and wait for next round

We also know that ($40 + taxes (12% BC))- $15=$29.80.  I only asked because when I signed my daughter up the invoice showed payment would be around $25 after tax and discount

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13

Oh cmon

We know its $40 less a $15 discount every month

Once discount drops off I bug retentions or else simply switch numbers back here and wait for next round

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

I've said in the past I do have an issue at how Koodo migrations are done

Having said that I switched alot of my personal lines over

For $25 a month with 8GB and cross Canada calling?

It really is a no brainer

The only lines I can't justify moving are the ancient lines which have alot of credits every month

8GB for $25 I never saw that offer

@Rascal Just for info I checked with PM Mods as well as Koodo and the offer is generated electronically from PM and if you never received it than there is no way to get it. But like @will13am said there will surely be more/better offers coming soon.

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

The only lines I can't justify moving are the ancient lines which have alot of credits every month

The ongoing offer is $35/5GB and $40/8GB with $180 bill credit ($15 per month spread over 12 months).  Some are calling the offer $20/5GB and $25/8GB.  Technically the arithemetic is not correct.  The bill credit does not include a tax reduction.  The real monthly costs are $35 plus taxes minus $15 and $40 plus taxes minus $15.  Still a wonderful deal for the first year anyway. 

That is what I thought my daguhter got the 5GB and after tax for the first year she is paying $25

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

The ongoing offer is $35/5GB and $40/8GB with $180 bill credit ($15 per month spread over 12 months).  Some are calling the offer $20/5GB and $25/8GB.  Technically the arithemetic is not correct.  The bill credit does not include a tax reduction.  The real monthly costs are $35 plus taxes minus $15 and $40 plus taxes minus $15.  Still a wonderful deal for the first year anyway. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am, my son is now using the Liquid Zest Plus lol

Is that punishment for not doing the chores and homework?  Smiley Tongue

@will13am, my son is now using the Liquid Zest Plus lol

@kav2001c wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

Okay you guys, I signed up with PM in late July and have really loved it. It fits me perfectly, but wouldn't you know that my phone started dropping calls and it appears that my antenna is broken and I will need to buy a new phone. It's ironic because I started a topic on how to go about getting a new phone on PM just after I signed up.

Now a friend who signed up with PM when I did has already switched over to Koodo because they have a new promotion for PM customers that offers $ off the plan and a phone tab. My husband received the offer via text, but I did not, so I haven't even seen it. 

Advice? Comments? Help!

Lots of places to get phones at decent prices.  Costco, staples best buy and many more you can buy an unlocked phone.  If PM suits you there is no need to switch unless you are getting the same plan for cheaper or a better plan for the same price.  

Hey Shawn, I thought you were going to suggest that "soapy" phone.  Seriously a very good phone can be purchased for around $250.  Koodo doesn't offer free phones, just interest free loan for a portion of the cost which sometimes is overpriced.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rascal, follow your wallet, not your heart.  Do what is financially the best.  Of course if you are not targeted for a migration offer, it's possible a moot discussion.  These migration offers do seem to be plentiful.  Didn't get something this round, another round is likely just around the corner.  I think the best is yet to come.  Black Friday and boxing week are not that far away.

Effort

@Rascal wrote:

I did not receive the text message containing the offer, but my husband did and he deleted it! Is there some way to check if I am eligible for the Koodo offer? I looked online but I didn't see the offer. I believe it was for $25/month, 1 GB data and unlimited call/text. There was also a $$ amount off for the year and a tab. Anyone else receive the text? When I looked online for Koodo's plans, I didn't see this particular one.

Text "offer" without quotes to 5129, 5130, and 5132. If you're eligible, you'll get a text back with the details.

Rascal

I did not receive the text message containing the offer, but my husband did and he deleted it! Is there some way to check if I am eligible for the Koodo offer? I looked online but I didn't see the offer. I believe it was for $25/month, 1 GB data and unlimited call/text. There was also a $$ amount off for the year and a tab. Anyone else receive the text? When I looked online for Koodo's plans, I didn't see this particular one.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rascal wrote:

Advice? Comments? Help!

Lots of places to get phones at decent prices.  Costco, staples best buy and many more you can buy an unlocked phone.  If PM suits you there is no need to switch unless you are getting the same plan for cheaper or a better plan for the same price.  

Wongster94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I rly enjoy PM's service, but if it's worth saving money with Koodos and getting a new phone, I would say go for it! (on condition that you do switch back to PM) 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rascal wrote:

Advice? Comments? Help!

All kinds of cheap used phones around. Even Amazon Canada has cheap NEW phones for <$100. Don't go. They don't offer rewards over there to boot.

And hey...it's your business...it's your life.

Effort

You probably should switch to Koodo if you get the offer just because you need a new phone. You can probably get a free phone and some free credits for a year. Then you can switch back if you want.

Need Help? Let's chat.