cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got curious, have any previous koodo customers come to pm and then gotten koodo offers still?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just curious about that... Can't see them offering to match the prices here but just wondered 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Koodo will never compete with pubic mobile, it's a sister company and customers sort themselves based on needs really. 

Couple of times they did make offers, but looking back it really seems as only reorganisation within pubic mobile, once they wanted to get rid of legacy customers, the other time it seems they were getting rid of 4g customers.

If you want to buy equipment on tab or need talk center Koodo is great option.

Again I have no inside knowledge, this is just what it looks like to me looking back

techdino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven’t seen an offer come through for quite some time. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  public mobile text # 5179 on behalf of Koodo sent some of us an offer on February 20th. 

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

I'm still with both and yes it's happened.

People get them from time to time. With offers to switch to Koodo.

Keep in mind Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile. So it's all in the same family.

There was a thread a few months ago that some Public Mobile members received offers with discounted phones at Koodo.

Sometimes an offer competes and people switch and other times the offer is not so good and they stay here.

I can really only see another switch if i happen to end up down the road needing another device, or they offer me some amazing plan discount... but interesting to know it still happens. Im also just now wondering if koodo will independently send some sort of "we miss you, come back, have this discount" type thing.... which i doubt because when i called to confirm my port out request, they asked why i was switching, and told her the price discount i would get after i switch. she didnt even offer to match the price (though i also didnt ask), she had just said "oh no we dont offer anything like that..." still makes me wonder though

(Also PS look at that, my desktop has the quote button capability!)

With the changes in the device subsidies and Tab pricing levels at Koodo the deal would have to be sooooo good to get people to move but it is still better for "most" people if they can  to buy a device outright.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

I'm still with both and yes it's happened.

People get them from time to time. With offers to switch to Koodo.

Keep in mind Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile. So it's all in the same family.

There was a thread a few months ago that some Public Mobile members received offers with discounted phones at Koodo.

Sometimes an offer competes and people switch and other times the offer is not so good and they stay here.

I can really only see another switch if i happen to end up down the road needing another device, or they offer me some amazing plan discount... but interesting to know it still happens. Im also just now wondering if koodo will independently send some sort of "we miss you, come back, have this discount" type thing.... which i doubt because when i called to confirm my port out request, they asked why i was switching, and told her the price discount i would get after i switch. she didnt even offer to match the price (though i also didnt ask), she had just said "oh no we dont offer anything like that..." still makes me wonder though

(Also PS look at that, my desktop has the quote button capability!)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Just curious about that... Can't see them offering to match the prices here but just wondered 🙂

There really hasn't been any great Koodo migration offers for about 18 months now and even then it was targeted to certain numbers/plans.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.