cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been hacked, lost access to public mobile account need help!

user14182
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi  everyone,

I've lost access to my email account and also to my public mobile account.  I noticed when my I lost service this evening, I was able to login and see that my plan and sim had changed.  I changed the password, but the person locked me out of my email so I can't recover anything.  Can anyone please help me with this!!!!

34 REPLIES 34

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@user14182 wrote:

I can't change the password though, the person who stole my account has control of my email and of my public mobile (I used the same password, stupid I know).  They have since changed both passwords.  

Is your plan still offered to new customers? If you don't have much rewards or balance, you can port your number out to another carrier. Use their tricks against them. Log in again and get your account number to do that.  You'll lose any money on your account and you'll be with a new carrier for a while, but at least you get your phone number back.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@user14182 

Look at this post from Thursday for more information regarding sim swap and what to do.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/SIM-Swap/td-p/600545

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

user14182
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't change the password though, the person who stole my account has control of my email and of my public mobile (I used the same password, stupid I know).  They have since changed both passwords.  

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@user14182 wrote:

Hi  everyone,

I've lost access to my email account and also to my public mobile account.  I noticed when my I lost service this evening, I was able to login and see that my plan and sim had changed.  I changed the password, but the person locked me out of my email so I can't recover anything.  Can anyone please help me with this!!!!

First thing to do after you change the password already, report phone as lost so person can't keep using it. Contact moderators to document that this happened so that if anyone ever contacts them to say password forgotten, they will be skeptical. 

Need Help? Let's chat.