cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just activated sim card, "No service" no data,no talk no text.

genik1988
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i just received my sim card that i ordered a few days ago to sign up for the 3 months for 120$ promo. I went through the activation process and everything seemed fined. I also set up the apn properly but still no luck. When the sim card is inserted into my phone i just see "No Service" and cannot receive or send calls, use text or data.

Also, when I go to my account on the self serve website, it always crashes and tells me theres an error when i try to port my existing number or to view my plan. Could anyone help? Thank you

Heard @Shazia_K could help 🙂

EC

12 REPLIES 12

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

We all know right now is a crappy waiting game until all the chaos gets sorted, you can dwell on it and let it fester, or be happy you're going to get a good deal when it does get sorted.

mlwang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@PublicMobile101 If you read the forums you'll see tons of people that have not received any help or acknowledgement of their problems. Myself included. 

I understand they are busy, but leaving a customer for weeks without a working phone is unacceptable. If you went to Macdonalds and paid for a big mac and not only do you not get your meal, the staff ignores you for a week. Would that be ok?

PoweredByPho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PublicMobile101 wrote:

@PoweredByPho could you make a new email and then give them information about your account and stuff ? if you can prove to them it is you with a different email they should be able to help 

I could try, do you know what e-mail address I should sent it to?

PublicMobile101

@mlwang when ever i email them i get a responce within a few days. plus they are swamed with people emailing them right now with the promosion error. - I have bin apart of the community here for over a year and i got to say i really do respect this company and all the work they do

PublicMobile101

@PoweredByPho could you make a new email and then give them information about your account and stuff ? if you can prove to them it is you with a different email they should be able to help 

mlwang

get right on it? you mean after a week or two of wait

PoweredByPho

@PublicMobile101 wrote:

you can email PM and they will get right on that they are very kind and helpfull 

What's the e-mail address? I'll get right on that.

Oh wait, I can't access my e-mail because it's sending verifications to my number that doesn't work.

PublicMobile101

you can email PM and they will get right on that they are very kind and helpfull 

PoweredByPho

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@genik1988  please pay no attention to @PoweredByPho clearly angry about something and just making things worse instead of helping.

If you havent yet, make sure you send a message to the moderators and include the relvant info from the below post, they'll get to you as soon as they can.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

I'm just trying to set realistic expectations here.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@genik1988  please pay no attention to @PoweredByPho clearly angry about something and just making things worse instead of helping.

If you havent yet, make sure you send a message to the moderators and include the relvant info from the below post, they'll get to you as soon as they can.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

splashable

I went through the same issues this afternoon and I was also frustrated.  It ended up that I had made a few errors in my information.  My address auto-filled with too much information and I didn't notice.  Once I fixed that it still didn't work.  I went back and took the hyphens out of my Rogers account number.......BINGO!  It worked!  I was up and running after that and Public Mobile sent confirmation texts for successful porting, etc.  

Hope that you get yours going soon!

PoweredByPho

@genik1988 wrote:

Hi, i just received my sim card that i ordered a few days ago to sign up for the 3 months for 120$ promo. I went through the activation process and everything seemed fined. I also set up the apn properly but still no luck. When the sim card is inserted into my phone i just see "No Service" and cannot receive or send calls, use text or data.

Also, when I go to my account on the self serve website, it always crashes and tells me theres an error when i try to port my existing number or to view my plan. Could anyone help? Thank you

Heard @Shazia_K could help 🙂

EC

Oh this is actually a pretty common issue.

You just have to message one of the mods, wait 40 days, message them again, and then maybe they can help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.