cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a question re: Deleting PMs

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello all!

I do not regularily delete my inbox or sent box, but when I have a bunch of them, because I wait so long to do it, I keep forgetting how it happens.

Luckily, I was moving my mouse around the screen like a mad man (or a very active child), and discovered (again) that the delete button on my screens (all of them as I can tll) is essentially invisible to me as the word Delete is a VERY light grey (as it appears to me) on a white or almost white background "button".

The button does activate when hovered over, but until I accidently do that, I have no clue where it is.  I will eventually remember, however for others with vision impairments, I wonder if the word delete could be more visable in the deactive mode?

Thanks!!

Totally a message directed towards @Jeremy_M and staff. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Yes the delete button is far from conspicuous.  I don't understand the logic behind making it so light as if we are not encouraged to ever do house cleaning.  I religiously delete periodically.  Since each message has to be deleted with confirmation one at a time, it's best to stay on top of things and not risk getting repetitive strain injury.

Very true. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Yes the delete button is far from conspicuous.  I don't understand the logic behind making it so light as if we are not encouraged to ever do house cleaning.  I religiously delete periodically.  Since each message has to be deleted with confirmation one at a time, it's best to stay on top of things and not risk getting repetitive strain injury.

Great idea!  I will do that now!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker, I just asked someone how to delete pm's the other day.  Put it in public Lab and also ask for multiple deletions not one by one.  YOu should be able to check a box and delete multiple private messages

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.