cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just To Be Clear

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
So I've been using PM for a while and I'm still on a monthly plan. Anyways I've decided to take the leap and upgrade to a 3 month plan as well as having Data. I'm just curious, the My Account page says that my payment due on the 22nd is $28 and when I go to top up it says amount due (that will be due) is $28 but when I go to my plan it says I will be charged $146 May 23rd.... Does this mean that I'm going to be charged twice for the previous month and then for the next month? I've paid this month off already so this doesn't really make sense to me. Please explain it PM Staff who recommended me to do this in the first place. Lol
28 REPLIES 28

Myself, I have a morning routine. I wake up, then spend several minutes hailing the vengeful mericul god of PM servers, before continuing on with my regularly scheduled ablutions.

Over the last several months, I find that the ritual has served me well. I have not had a single problem with PM's systems, nor with my renewals!

kutzki
Oh, I'll try @7789849803.

Grease those palms, @kutzki!

kutzki

Hey. @7789849803 if they'll take it. Why the hell not. Am I right? Lol 😉 

@kutzki Is the extra dollar supposed to be a bribe to the PM servers, so they serve you well when they're processing your renewal?

kutzki
I now have $135 in there. Added an extra dollar just in case. Hope that'll work out. Thanks lol

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kutzki,

Currently, you have a balance of $129, your plan will cost you $146 - $12 rewards = $134 there would be $5 missing. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kutzki
I paid $120... I had $9 in my balance so I'm assuming I'll be fine when it renews but @Shazia_K please let me know when the issue has been fixed so it looks proper. Thanks a lot.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

You're welcome.

Cheers.

kutzki

Ohhhhh. There are only female moderators? Then I change my earlier correction to a suggestion. Get some male moderators on here so my correction works. Lol just kidding. Makes no difference to me. Thanks @Martin I honestly didn't know that.

@7789849803 yeah I got that now. Thanks for clearing that up. No sexism here, not that I'd usually expect it. Alright this topic has gone way offff topic. I'm just going to wait to hear from @Shazia_K. Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding guys. Lol

@kutzki My point was to support the following sentence in Martin's post "...first make contact with a moderator, and continue working with her..."

All 3 of our community moderators are female, so Martin wasn't being sexist in using only the female pronoun in that sentence.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

There is a private message awaiting you from me. If you reply, it may be hours before I'm able to respond.

Cheers.

kutzki
Sorry. I'm just trying to figure out what you're point was when you made that first post. If I wasn't supposed to mention shazia unless it's for important things then whatever but I figured that she wouldn't reply because it wasn't an issue I was tagging her in, which she didn't. Lol explain your point, if you would. Hehe

@kutzki He is the community manager, so he is still responsible for overseeing the community, yes. But it is my understanding that he does have other tasks on his table as well. Which is why the moderators are the ones who are primarily responsible for responding to posts here.

It is recommended to mention the moderators in case of any question/problem. They can work with Jeremy internally, if need be.

kutzki
Well, does he still oversee daily operations?

@kutzki Our 3 moderators on the community these days are Shazia, Kalla, and Mary. Jeremy is the community manager, and from my understanding, he handles several other responsibilities aside from overseeing the daily operations on the community.

kutzki
Her or him* @Martin @Shazia_K isn't the only moderator on here, even if it may seem like that sometimes. Lol

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

You're welcome.

Since the introduction of the community team, realities have changed. The community team is second-level go-to support. Customer service is first-level support. Unless a customer's problem is very basic, my recommendation is to first make contact with a moderator, and continue working with her until the problem is solved, no matter the amount of time involved.

FYI.

kutzki
Lol @Martin I can always count on you to help me out with eloquent words and a quick wit. Thanks and to be honest, that's what I planned on doing in the first place if they couldn't help me.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

Even if the technical-support team can't resolve the problem within your account by payment due date, don't fret. I know that's easier said than done. Just pay the amount that you're advised to, by a community moderator. If, by some quirk, the advised amount is incorrect, bring it to a moderator's attention without delay, and the problem will be rectified expeditiously.

Long before there was a community team of moderators, I was double-billed on two separate occasions. Once, I emailed customer service, and, 5 hours later, received a reply, correcting the problem. On another, being grandfathered, I called customer service, and had the double billing resolved during the call. I received no favoritism; I did not mention that I was a community responder.

Rest assured that Public Mobile ALWAYS makes good on problems involving money. If I were to have any doubts about its policy or ethics, I would leave the carrier. Evidently, I haven't.

FYI.

kutzki
These days, with you guys, I generally don't worry about these kinds of things. Anyways just let me know how it turns out. Thanks so much @Shazia_K

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kutzki I agree with you 100% !!

Let me get back to you with this, I will have to escalate this issue to our technical support team.

But again, don't worry 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kutzki
Also, I believe you but again, I'd still like to see that that's how much I'm being charged. Obviously for anybody this situation would be a bit disconcerting.

kutzki
Lol... Nope still there. What's going on here? Hehehe

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kutzki, this is a bit odd Smiley Surprised

Can you log out and log back in? I refreshed the plan change. 

But I can definitely assure you that you will only be charged $125 on the 23rd of May 🙂

Please let me know. 

Thanks,

Shazia

kutzki

But look! Still says amount due is $28. What does that mean. Lol

Screenshot_2016-04-26-10-52-24.jpg

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kutzki 🙂

How are you?

According to your account, I see that you have scheduled a plan change for the 23rd of May 2016 and your 90 days plan will take affect on the that day. 

The total amount due for that day is of $125 ( this is - rewards )

I hope this clarifies, if you still have any concerns, please do not hesitate 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

Martin
Legend
Legend
Good morning @Shazia_K and @Kalla_A,

Would one of you please attend to our friend's concerns.

Thank you.
Need Help? Let's chat.