cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It's time for me to leave PM

Hello everyone,

After much deliberation, I have decided to leave PM and switch to Fido. I am still a strong supporter of the self-serve approach to mobility, but I've become disillusioned with the light-hearted attitude that PM has demonstrated towards solving its ongoing technical glitches over the last year and a half with the various systems. The fact that PM is not a beta product anymore only serves to reiterate how they seem to think all is well for the most part, while customers like me suffer for over a month with unresolved issues with the referral system.

I intend to immediately discontinue my participation in the community, but to continue using my PM SIM until my remaining credits run out - or until the service stops working due to yet another technical problem - whichever occurs first. But I'm decidedly not spending another minute of my time struggling with threads and tickets, just to have absolutely no action taken on my problems.

I will miss participating in the community, and especially working with the other Oracles. But fortunately this will also free up my time for other (less frustrating) endeavours.

My most sincere thanks to @Jeremy_M and to the rest of the PM staff for listening to all my complaints with an open mind - even though they couldn't ultimately do anything to change my bad impression of the company.

It's been real.

Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

Re: It's time for me to leave PM

Hey @7789849803,

Thank you for everything, we truly wish you the best!!

From all of us at Public Mobile

Highlighted
Oracle

Maybe a new colander would resolve all your problems. Robot LOL

Will miss your contributions. Have fun wherever you go. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Oracle

Wait, what? Is this actually you? 

I am really sad to hear this from one of the Oracles. I don't know what problems you had and not sure why they did not help you resolve, but we will miss your participation in the community for sure. 

Wish you the best luck!!! 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@7789849803 you already know that I am definitely disappointed to see you go, but understand the reasons.  I hope that Fido treats you well and that you are free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.  [this is a reference to the movie Airplane!, in case anyone thinks I'm being serious about the fulfillment].  In all seriousness, hope it's a smooth experience for you.  

Be sure to check your mailbox regularly for your commomerative, limited edition, platinum-plated collander, numbered and signed by Bob & Sue--it's the official "buh-bye" gift from the mothership.  Take care, my friend.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I know what you feel...

I too have been experiencing silly issues for a while that don't seem to get resolved, the one that frustrates me the most is the "Referrals" one ( referrals not counting ).

I was looking on Fido too, they have good internet only plans, on LTE, affordable.  I'd like to give PM the chance to fix my issues first but this seems to be going nowhere.

Good luck,

JL.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Though understandable, I intend to stick with PM, as I have so far not encountered any serious issues so far, and I have confidence that they will in time get things under containment, and all systems back to station keeping

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's really a shame. To think one of the oracles will be leaving. If you don't mind, what's your plan on Fido?

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was wondering about your absence on the forums. You are usually quite active, but recently, you've all but disappeared. Now I know why.

A big loss for PM for sure.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It is unfortunate that they did not resolve the outstanding issues

Wish you all the best