Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's PM's third-year anniversary!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

large.jpg

Hey community,

March 3rd was the third anniversary of online-only wireless service! It was the 3rd anniversary on the 3rd day of the 3rd month, very special Smiley Very Happy

Last year, they filled us with lots of changes. They listened to our feedback, and took necessary actions to keep some of us happy. Check out some of the things they did:

They have gone far and beyond, and they couldn't have done it without your help. Your continuous support and voice you spread across the community made them appreciate our value. 

To make this special occasion, I don't know about you all, but I want the 3rd anniversary badge on my Profile. Depending on how long you have been with them, rumors says they might get rid of rewards or you might see a price increase, but nothing is official. 

Thanks for being part of this community to help and support other members. Your dedication to this community can't be forgotten. 

10 REPLIES 10

As long as PM continues to hold up their end of the bargain, I'll continue to hold up mine.

Some PM customers got shafted - Pioneer/Legacy and $120/4GB promo customers - but in both instances they've been given access to special Koodo packages which substantially ease the pain.  While the majority of PM customers have (thus far) remain unaffected.

I don't approve of the PM scare tactics and pressure-sale tactics.  I do approve of the "Letter from Dave" which backstepped, apologized, and offered ominous (but honest) news about PM's future.  I commend the mods for weathering these storms, lol, at least it's made life interesting on these forums.

Not going to comment in the other 3rd year anniversary thread, it quickly took a negative turn which doesn't reflect my attitude but is still quite valid for some.  PM didn't present this announcement very well at all - lol, it comes off like a military parade in a military regime, glory to the people singing the glorious anthem under the glorious dictator's balcony - no wonder it's been so poorly-received.

We may not always have Paris ... but we'll always have Simon!

@CalvinWwrote:

Will there be a fourth?

A better question is who will be around for the fourth? 

The way things are going now, who knows how many more are to come.

There still could be a place for Public Mobile, especially for prepaid users.  There's also some market out there for talk only plans in the $20 price range for people want to replace home telephone services. 

But for the mainstream users consuming data, watching videos and the such, I'm not sure how much more effort there's going to be to market Public Mobile.  We could eventually just see things quiet down and existing customers remain but without the push to get new customers.  There's also the possibility that the Public Mobile could pull a Solo where new customers were no longer accepted. 

That's clearly all speculation, but I would not at all be surprised if Public Mobile got folded into Koodo's prepaid department, if that hasn't already partially been done.

Happy going out of business sale?

haha jk Cat LOL

not-dead-yet-ok-happy-birthday-then

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will there be a fourth?

youbme

Summed up very nicely @NDesai, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I'm waiting for my 3-year anniversary badge too, for street cred... I've survived the chaos and PM is still a good deal for me, only time will tell if that remains true...

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately there is too much salt in my mouth to really feel happy about this .

Watoko

Happy birthday! It's been great. I hope PM makes it to their 4th birthday 😛

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for letting us know about the anniversary and yes I'd like a shiny new badge to go along with my 2nd-anniversary one.  Gosh what a year it's been especially the last month,

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A phone company for the public. Congrats.

Need Help? Let's chat.