cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with data not working on new phone

Npatts91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to get a new phone and new SIM card cause I lost my old phone. I was able to transfer my existing plan to my new phone the same day. My calling and texting work but my data does not work and I could not contact anyone the last 4 days cause of the long weekend. I am paying the 50$ a month plan which I get 8.9GB's of data. I have only used 2.6GB and my plan renews on may 31st. I havent even been able to use up the data I am paying for and will be having to pay for another month soon! I have tried everything I could think of to get my data to work. Can someone please help me with my problem ASAP! 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Npatts91 : Please post screenshots of your APN settings.

@Npatts91 wrote:

Hey again. My data is working and I can use internet but I cannot send picture text messages. Did I miss something? Do you know what I need to do? If so can you help me please.

@Npatts91 

Ensure:

• MMS is enabled
  • Data is turn on when you want to send or receive messages

If still issues, try a RESET of your Network Settings

Npatts91

Hey again. My data is working and I can use internet but I cannot send picture text messages. Did I miss something? Do you know what I need to do? If so can you help me please.

Npatts91

I did exactly what it told me to do and I put all the APN in and it works now!!!! You are my hero! Thank you so much for helping me with my problem! I still need to talk to a moderator to help me with all the data I lost because of this problem. I wasn't able to use 6GB of data, so about 30$ worth I'd say. But again! Thank you so so so much!! You relieved a lot of frustration.

@Npatts91 

You can put your make and model of phone in here and get your APN settings for public mobile. If you have a problem editing the APN we can help you troubleshoot.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Npatts91

Thank you very much for the advice. I will try it and hopefully it works and if not then hopefully a moderator can help me figuring it out.

@Npatts91 

What is the make and model of your phone? Not all phones will automatically enter your APN. When you go to your settings what does it say you are connected to in your Access Point Networks?

You may also want to schedule a plan change for your next renewal to the new $50/10.5gb data plan that was recently introduced.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 can you insert sim in another phone and test if date there is working? Did you set up APN settings correctly? Probably, that may be the reason. It was like that for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

and if still not working you need to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.