cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues sending texts

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lately I've noticed I will send a few texts and then when trying to send another it has trouble sending the text and is searching for service.  The reason I'm confused is I'm sitting in the same spot texting the same person. Has this happened to anyone else ?  What may be causing it?

16 REPLIES 16

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dolphin1 Glad to hear that. ☺️

Dolphin1

@brettster99 

I did the reset and haven't had an issue since.  Haven't tried the new phone as so far so good.

Thank you everyone 🙂

brettster99

@Dolphin1 

So far how you tried the other phone yet? Maybe a network reset could fix the issue maybe? It just seems weird and for it only to happen once in awhile seems suspicious 

Dolphin1

@dude65  it says text when I open the app

dude65

@Dolphin1 .... By any chance, when you open up the text app, does it say "text message" or "chat" where you type your message? If it  say "chat" turn that off in settings. Had something simular  like that too.

Dolphin1

@gpixel   thank you I will give this a try.

Dolphin1

@Staliger I don't have another phones to test this with.  It is not something that happens each times.  It's sporadic.  I'm going to borrow another phone tomorrow to use for a couple of days to test it out.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 go into safe mode and see if the issue persists. an app my be causing the issue you described. 

1. Press the Power key until Power off comes up on the screen, then release the Power button.
  2. Touch and hold Power off on the screen.
  3. Touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears.
  4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner.
  5. While in Safe Mode, test if the issue remains.

@Dolphin1 do you have a chance to test this with another phone? I've just followed your steps, but all messages go through fast to the same person from the same spot.

Dolphin1

Dolphin1

I've tried that.

Dolphin1

Everything seems ok.  I have done a hard reset of the network.

@shep22 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 Try switching the SIM into another phone to determine if its the phone or SIM. Stay safe 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Lately I've noticed I will send a few texts and then when trying to send another it has trouble sending the text and is searching for service.  The reason I'm confused is I'm sitting in the same spot texting the same person. Has this happened to anyone else ?  What may be causing it?

What kind of phone are you using?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dolphin1 , is your phone showing a good network connection?  Unless the phone is disconnecting from the network, texting should be pretty quick for both sending and receiving.  

shep22

@Dolphin1 wrote:

@Dolphin1 hello try a network reset it may help 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.