cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with data

NTkotz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Somehow I have no data left and I don’t understand why and cannot see my data usage on my account.  This makes no sense.  I’ve never exceeded my data since I’ve been with Public Mobile.  Can you please look into this for me.  I just got a new phone and I really need my data!  

14 REPLIES 14

@NTkotz 

You can always ask but it will probably be a no unfortunately. If a little data is really needed then purchase the $5/200mb but the $15/1gb add on is better value and it does stay on your account until fully consumed do it will be there to dip into if you ever need a little extra from time to time.

Check in with the community in December to see if pm offers the "more the merrier" campsagn again that offered free international minutes and data add on gifts. Always a good idea to check in once a month to see whats new with the community and pm.

What plan are you on? Its possible your plan may have had data added to it and you would want to schedule a plan change on next renewal to the newly updated plan if that applies to you.

Hey...I guess it couldn't hurt to tell the moderators you didn't know about the free gifts at xmas time in 2020 and 2019 and would they give you the $5/200mb data add on as a one time goodwill gesture.

Edit:

Did you not recieve the 1 GB PROMO thank you gift to loyal customers whose accounts were in good standing on August 19th 2019? This was an automatically applied gift with no action needed on your part unlike the xmas gifts that required you to add them thru your account. There was at least one customer that was missed and was given the promo. Check your 611 texts for any 75% or 95% data usage texts and the text from pm saying they added the promo gift around sept 4th/5th 2019. If they missed you then they owe you 1gb of promo data add on(s).

@NTkotz wrote:

So how do you contact PM directly?

Hello @NTkotz 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NTkotz : So take responsibility for your error, own up to it, don't do it again and either buy some data or wait until your renewal and use wifi instead. This is not the fault of Public Mobile. Why should they bear the brunt and let you off your learning moment? But as mentioned, nobody posting in this thread works for Public Mobile.

NTkotz

So how do you contact PM directly?

NTkotz

I have never used those add on’s that you mentioned so not sure how I missed them. But I am not seeing them on my account.  And to be honest, I really don’t want to pay for more data since this is a one time thing.  I clearly did something in error because I was having issues with my phone. 

You  joined since 2017, do you still have the Holiday Give-Aways from last 2 years? they were 1GB and 2GB.  If you check My Account , check if you still see 2 lines like these on your Overview Tab - Data & My Add-Ons: 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

$0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on

if not, you might consider paying $15 for 1GB Add-on.

@NTkotz 

We are all customers like yourself with no access to your account.  Unfortunately, you are responsible for your data use and I doubt that PM would credit you the data back.  

You could purchase a data add on, 1 GB for $15.  Unused data does roll over to next month.  

NTkotz

Thanks but I have never come close to using my data before so it’s never been a issue for me.  As I mentioned, I was having issues with my phone and must have downloaded the new OS without using wifi. I’m really not sure.  Is there anyway you can provide me with extra data until my next GB kicks in?  I would really appreciate it.  And I’ll make sure it never happens again.  Thanks!

@NTkotz  you might want to download a 3rd party app to monitor your data usage.  try My Data Manager.   it can setup to follow PM's 30 days cycle.  It can also show you which app using the data .

NTkotz

No i have an iPhone.  I was having issues with my last iPhone and bought a new one.  I have never used my data up so figured it was just an issue with the phone.  

NTkotz

I must have downloaded the OS without using wifi by mistake.  I tried it when I was having issues with my old phone.  I was getting notices but when I checked my data usage I still had plenty left so was confused and figured it was an error.  Since I’ve been a loyal customer and have never exceeded my data and clearly did this in error, is there anything you can do to cover me for the next few days until my data plan starts again.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

@NTkotz 

If you just got a new phone and had not yet enabled all of your data saving tools, turned off your background data and possibly updated your OS on mobile data it could easily have consumed your data. 

Did you not get the 75% and 95% data usage texts from 611? As mentioned by @JK8  check your daily usage pages for the two daily 12 hour time blocks of data usage. This will indicate if you did indeed use the data or if perhaps your data did not reset on your last renewal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NTkotz   are you using Android?  If so, Android has build in Data counter that is able to track monthly usage.  If you change the period start date to the first date of the current cycle, it would also tell you how much data was used since the start date of the cycle .   It would also tell you which app consumed the data.  

Something similar to this:

Android-DataLimit.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@NTkotz 

In self service if your data is not listed under My Data & Add-Ons it has been consumed. You should then look at Usage History/View My Usage to see what days and how much data was used.

Need Help? Let's chat.