cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue sending text

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My husband and I are both with PM.  If I'm at home on wifi and he is out walking he can send me texts with his wifi off.  When I respond to him he does not get the text until he comes he and connects to wifi.  Does anyone know why this is ?

If we are both out and using sms we can receive the texts.

We both have Motorola phones.

9 REPLIES 9

@Dolphin1 

Yep same as me....you're all fixed now.

Dolphin1

@darlicious 

The chat bubble was dark blue.  Now that I turned off the chat feature it is a lighter blue.  

Dolphin1

@esjliv 

Thank you this seems to have worked.  I'm confused though as I don't have issues text my friends just my husband.  

@Dolphin1 

You probably got prompted by motorola to enable chat features as I did the other day and I couldn't find anyway to escape that screen without turning them on and then having to go back into the settings and turn them off.

Edit: 

Are your chat bubbles dark blue?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1  try disable battery saver.   The app/setting often saves battery by disconnecting from wifi while it’s not in use. This can cause a problem if you send a text message before it can reconnect.   See if that helps

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

My husband and I are both with PM.  If I'm at home on wifi and he is out walking he can send me texts with his wifi off.  When I respond to him he does not get the text until he comes he and connects to wifi.  Does anyone know why this is ?

@Dolphin1 

If you are on Android, ensure your Chat Features are disabled. On both you and your husbands phones.

Turn chat features on or off
  1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" on or off.

Dolphin1

@hTideGnow 

They are both Motorola phone

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Are either of you using iPhone devices?  If so, try having both of you disable iMessage (at least tempoarily) to see if this is an issue with iMessage. Traditional text messaging (SMS) doesn't use Wi-Fi. Also, esnure that the SMS option is enabled.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1   what kind of phones you both have?

Need Help? Let's chat.