cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue receiving incoming calls (after successful porting)

moonbend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all!

I was initially having some issues receiving incoming calls, which I finally got resolved (I think). There was an issue transferring/porting my number from Bell to PM, but it was fixed Saturday evening (the 9th). I was able to set up my PM voicemail yesterday.

I got my friend to try calling me, and it worked. However, then I got my family to try calling me from a different province and it goes straight to voicemail. I can make outgoing calls, and receiving incoming text messages.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have Canada-wide calling.

10 REPLIES 10

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@moonbend 

Thank you for the update!  I'm glad they're able to look into this so quickly for you and hopefully get everything fixed very soon.  🙂

moonbend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much for replying!

It turns out the issue is that is that the port request has NOT been completed, because Public Mobile needs to accept my number transfer request (Bell, my old service provider, has done everything on their end).

Thank you for the direct msg link to the CS Agent, because they've already responded and are working on the issue!

BlueB

@moonbend 

Certain troubleshooting ideas, like changing your APN settings, will affect data/etc but won't fix the issue you have with calls reaching your phone.  Goodluck and let us know how things go.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moonbend 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

BlueB

@moonbend 

I really like @hTideGnow's suggestions to try restarting your phone and then forcing your phone to 3G.

If that doesn't fix it, does it help if you go outside or another location for better signal?  If not, I'd reach out to a CS Agent via the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or messaging them here.  They can try to reprovision your account in case there was something wrong.

A Canada-wide plan allows you to make outgoing calls anywhere in Canada.  Regardless of plan, people from anywhere can call you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@moonbend   so, some incoming calls work perfectly but some will go into your voicemail?

I am wondering if it is an issue with the signal in your currently location.  But if you have been using Bell, your network reception should be almost the same.   

You can try to change your network to 3G only and see if it works better

Also, try another reboot.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@moonbend 

I've sent you a number to call and try to complete the porting. Check your inbox.

If not successful, you may need to restart the porting process by contacting CS.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@moonbend wrote:

Hi all!

I was initially having some issues receiving incoming calls, which I finally got resolved (I think). There was an issue transferring/porting my number from Bell to PM, but it was fixed Saturday evening (the 9th). I was able to set up my PM voicemail yesterday.

I got my friend to try calling me, and it worked. However, then I got my family to try calling me from a different province and it goes straight to voicemail. I can make outgoing calls, and receiving incoming text messages.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have Canada-wide calling.

@moonbend 

Have you rebooted your device since porting over?

Toggling into airplane mode then back again can retrigger the Network Connection.

Try your SIM into another compatible phone and see if the people from out of province can connect to your number.

If so, than put the SIM back into your phone and perform a RESET of your NETWORK SETTINGS on your device.

0PX9O4

@moonbend Sounds like it's been quite a while since the port was supposedly completed. If you continue having problems with incoming calls, I'd suggest starting a ticket through the chat bot right away so PM staff can look into it for you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@moonbend 

Still might be an issue with your port.  Is incoming texts working?  With a stuck port, your incoming calls and texts don't work, just outgoing works. 

You can even try to put in your old Bell SIM card to see whether the account is still active.  If active, your port was unsuccessful. 

Need Help? Let's chat.